cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Speed

Skooteewu

Fibre Speed

I've moved address & decided to stay with Plusnet. My Fibre Broadband was installed yesterday & I was told by Plusnet my Speeds would be between 38-56 & when open reach installed it yesterday They said I'd be getting speeds of 56......Why then is my Download speed 1.0mb/s  Cry & upload 0.4  Cry Cry Apparently I'm not far from the bt box SO what is the problem....I might aswell live in the middle of nowhere as speed would be faster......I'm not Happy to be paying for something I'm not getting Angry
3 REPLIES 3
GeordieMark
Grafter

Re: Fibre Speed

You might still be on your old ADSL profile, one of the DCT guys here should be able to check when they pick this up
Skooteewu

Thanks for reply Smiley I've just checked my account details & it's showing my old address & when I've done the speed check my old no keeps coming up.....Surely this should have been sorted as they've had almost 4 wks notice  Roll_eyes Not Happy.
GeordieMark
Grafter

I don't know all the details but it seems to be an issue with the profile provisioning somewhere. When I upgraded to FTTC I got 50Mbps down when the engineer left but sometime between then and me checking again the next morning I was on my old ADSL profile, although as far as i'm aware they don't profile the upload, so that wouldn't account for the poor upload speed.