Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Speed Tests

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Fibre Speed Tests

I've raised the issue with the exposed wires and an engineer will be attending to get this sorted. I've also created a ticket on your account for this(#82995821).
We're also taking a look into your speed issue and we'll give an update as soon as we've got one.
pantsman28
Grafter

Just spoken to OPENReach engineer who was just at the pole in question and they claim the cover is back on and no damage to cabling. Although they have no record of this job had been carried out!....????
Maybe he wasn't given full details but he assures me there is no sign of damage.... so I would cancel that for now but still getting slow speeds.
Just found out the neighbour also called BT about problems with internet speeds over the weekend and the cover to the box which apparently has had 3 engineers now look at it this morning..
pantsman28
Grafter

is there anywhere in your plusnet online account which displays your current ip number without being connected to the network! ie see my ip address whilst at work?
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

If you run the BT Wholesale speedtest from any connection running on a BT based line then go into further diagnostics and enter your home phone number it will give you the BT IP profile, your actual VDSL sync will be about 1.03 times this figure.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
pantsman28
Grafter

ummmm
tried that and its showing
The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider.
according to this I have 100% packet loss!!!
pantsman28
Grafter

Wheres Chris Purvey when you need him!....
Surely this isn't normal?
I am getting feed up with the poor line/service will anyone look into this this?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

If you're using the Technicolor Router, you'll need to allow ping requests.
You can enable them as described here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,124589.msg1085061.html#msg1085061
Once you've done this, we should have a better view of what's going on with your connection.
pantsman28
Grafter

Consider that done! Just enabled it for you! 
pantsman28
Grafter

latest figures.... not bad considering there is no fault on the line and was estimated to be between 50-60mb. this was my deciding factor to NOT take a 36mb capped fibre from another supplier. so a little disappointed not getting close to estimated or a constant speed!
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Do you have a link to your TBB Monitor?
pantsman28
Grafter

you mean this

just wondering if there is a bottle neck somewhere along the route?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's the one.
I think your IP must have changed at some point so I'm not overly concerned by the red that I can see. Dan has bee working on your fault ticket this morning.
pantsman28
Grafter

i will get the other half to check the ip for me and get the monitor updated
pantsman28
Grafter

it looks like every time i try to set the monitor up it drops connection shortly after...

showing 100% packet loss since before 10am but could be dropping connection and reconnecting with a new IP number
pantsman28
Grafter

the latest update, seems to be running very well tonight..... Cheesy
be interested if the speed is consistent throughout the next 24 hours