Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Speed Profile

danivtec
Dabbler

Fibre Speed Profile

Hi
Just had fibre installed PlusNet Fibre Unlimited and had an issue where I was only getting 8.5 Mbit download. Spoke to PlusNet support and they reset my profile to 37 Mbit, however I believe my profile should be the 80/20 profile.
Can anyone from PlusNet check my profile settings to see if it should be set to the 80/20 profile even though I can't get full speed?
Regards
17 REPLIES 17
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Fibre Speed Profile

Run the BTw Performance test (ignore the red preamble except make sure no other programs are using the Internet) and at the end of the first run, click the Further Diagnostics button, enter just your Phone number and Run the Further Diagnostics Test. Do a Copy and Paste of the results and post here (no need to grab an image).
If the BT IP profile from the result is higher than 37Mbps then you should be on the 80/20 product. If you aren't,  you can ring in again, but someone from the DCT will have to look at your post here tomorrow would be best.
danivtec
Dabbler

Thanks
I have run this and my profile appears to be set to 40/10 rather than 80/20 so I would be grateful if a PlusNet rep would get this changed on my account.
dick:quote
Anotherone
Champion

Can you post the result please so that we can see it, it's nice to see that things are what we think they are!
danivtec
Dabbler

Speedtest results attached.
Regards
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

That's definitely a 40/10 profile (running at maximum speed).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Anotherone
Champion

Very true, and thanks for that, a BT speedtest result actually showing a 10Mbps Upstream profile for the 40/10 product  Wink
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I'd guess in this case we provisioned on 40/10 due to the line speed estimate for FTTC which is currently showing up to 24.6 down and up to 5.7 up. As it's performing significantly better than that though it's probably worth a go at 80/20 - I'll place the order for you now, hope it gets an improvement Smiley
danivtec
Dabbler

Thanks Matt
Whats the turnaround on this?
I was surprised at the speed as cabinet is not that close although when I had adsl it was estimated at 5.5 Mbit but was syncing around 10Mbit.
Regards
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

You'll move onto the 80/20 tomorrow.
danivtec
Dabbler

Brilliant  Smiley
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Looks like the order's complete, hope you see an improvement Smiley
danivtec
Dabbler

Excellent
Do I need to power cycle the modem?
njay
Grafter

No.
Just log into the router and disconnect the PPP session and reconnect the session again.
Rebooting the modem is a no no as dlm can see that as an issue and intervene and not in a good way Sad
danivtec
Dabbler

Matt
Attached is the speedtest result, can you check your end that my PlusNet profile is OK as I am getting nearenough exactly the same speeds? I appreciate that I was already getting more than predicted but every bit is a bonus.