Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Ordering

liamlej
Dabbler

Fibre Ordering

Hi, I'm new to Plusnet.
I previously had Sky fibre at my home so have the BT Echolife HG612 FTTC modem and a new master socket (installed within 12 months). I have recently joined Plusnet and my sevices are live on ADSL2+. I wish to upgrade to fibre. Question is , is the TG582 N router ok for the fibre and will BT need access to my property to install something that i already have? Cheers  Smiley
7 REPLIES 7
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Fibre Ordering

Welcome to the forum. I believe that it is possible to make the ADSL router compatible with fibre by updating the firmware. If, like me, that is beyond your knowledge base, then let PN supply you with a fibre router.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi liamlej,
As tijara33 has mentioned, we can supply you with an FTTC Router (same as ADSL but with FTTC firmware on it).
When/if you place the order with us, you'll probably be prompted for an engineers visit but when the system picks up that you already have FTTC, it'll kick back to us as an engineer shouldn't be required. Feel free to give us a nudge on here if this happens and we can take a look for you.
liamlej
Dabbler

Hi, Thanks for your responses.
I have ordered the fibre extra package. I forgot to order the router (can I still get this?) & Will I get a communication then saying I wont need an engineer visit? (as I have the correct master socket and BT kit already).
Cheers in advance
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Despite what Chris said - you don't presently have fibre so an engineer visit is required  to provide the modem you don't need but more important to check that the fibre is actually working with the BT modem
LukeS
Grafter

Hi liamlej,
In this scenario, an engineer will definitely need to go out.  Huh Just noticed Oldjim's reply.
I've ordered you a FTTC router, it should be with you in a few days so keep it safe.
liamlej
Dabbler

Hi, thanks again.
I was checking my account after the order of a fibre router (cheers for that). It says there is a cost of £40. Does that mean I am going to be charged for this?  Huh
LukeS
Grafter

Hi, there's no charge as it's part of your fibre contract. If there was going to be a charge I would have got your consent first.