cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Disappointment

Velocity
Grafter

Fibre Disappointment

BT Openreach arrived at 08.30 today, gone in less than an hour - now almost midnight and the Broadband light is still RED
been in contact earlier and was told it should be on later, never had this delay ever before when changing suppliers, when can I expect to actually
Connect?Huh
Disappointed to say the least.  Undecided
Just checked the support tickets, really slow with this tethering, and
"The order is still committed so advised to wait for the internet light to go green.!  Cry
whatever that means  Shocked Roll_eyes
4 REPLIES 4
abhijack
Grafter

Re: Fibre Disappointment

Hmm..Is it a bad monday for bb installs!!
Hope it gets sorted tomorrow...
I also never had such a stressful change over in the past...
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Velocity,
I can see we've arranged for a replacement router to be sent out to you, please let us know if that solves the problem.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

I can see we've arranged for a replacement router to be sent out to you, please let us know if that solves the problem.

Matt, yet ANOTHER replacement router having to be sent out to a disatisfied customer. The poor serviceability of the technicolor 582n isn't doing Plusnet's otherwise excellent reputation any good whatsoever. Isn't it time that your "grown ups in suits" started seriously considering a decent replacement? ( I am aware that there is another thread running re 582 testing.)
James
Grafter

@tijara33
With a mass produced router supply (several tens of thousands each year), it has to be expected that a small proportion will be faulty, which is certainly unfortunately and I'm sorry for the customer involved in this thread for the inconvenience and delays they are experiencing (@Velocity - Can you hard wire into the Openreach modem?).
This scenario is different to some of the other issues that have been mentioned regarding the 582 - This one sounds like it was DOA which is not a common issue.