cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband

jaym0nd
Dabbler

Fibre Broadband

Today is the day I get Fibre BB from Plusnet, after a possible 7 hour outage of our landline it now works again, however still no sign of Openreach knocking on our door to complete the job to get Fibre BB working but that was said to be between the hours of 1 and 6pm, can I be assured by you good people at plusnet, someone will arrive? As I have taken the day off work with a loss of pay, I do not wish to to be a repeat of the no shows that I have read about on google and various other forums...
Thanks
13 REPLIES 13
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Fibre Broadband

Hi jaym0nd,
Whilst we can never be 100% certain, I can see that the engineer booking is still on our suppliers systems. As far as we are aware, the engineer will be coming out this afternoon between 13:00-18:00. Please let us know if the engineer doesn't arrive and we will get that investigated for you.
jaym0nd
Dabbler

Fingers crossed. Hopefully it will all go smooth as planned.
Do the engineers normally call me before their arrival?
Cheers
zubel
Community Veteran

Sometimes they do, sometimes the do not.
When my Fibre was installed, the engineer called to tell me he was at the cabinet about to disconnect my line.  He then turned up about 20 mins later and did the home-install part.
jaym0nd
Dabbler

Fair play well atleast there has been some effort but zero communication to say when the home install occurs or eta from openreach I got the technicolor box here am i correct in thinking i still need the openreach mdem?
Cheers
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

All you need is the router that we send you, which you have got. The engineer will complete the rest of the installation, including the Openreach Modem which the engineer will provide.
jaym0nd
Dabbler

Sorted now its just a waiting game...feels like xmas  Cheesy
jaym0nd
Dabbler

Done and dusted.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Cracking result, glad it's all in and working Smiley
Anything else we can do please let us know.
jaym0nd
Dabbler

Not sure what speed I'm syncing at, any ideas? BT Speed Checker pulls in 70mb with ease...
Cheers Crazy
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

To determine sync speed on FTTC you need to get your IP Profile from the Further Diagnostics follow-up check at http://speedtest.btwholesale.com, and multiply that by 1.033
David
jaym0nd
Dabbler

OK I will look in to that, I was expecting my downloads to be in the region of 6-7mb/sec going from my figures, however the max I've seen is 2mb, not quite sure what is going on here?  Undecided
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Depends on how you are connected. If you are using wifi with the supplied router then 2Mb is about right.
Connect using a cable and it should be ~6Mb.
jaym0nd
Dabbler

I am connected via Wi-Fi 2.4ghz...I dont have a cable long enough to have a wired network Sad
Reported speed connected is said to be 130mb...