Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre BB is slowing down.

tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Fibre BB is slowing down.

@ tijara33 - If you've a Fault ticket open we can request an engineer completes a DLM Reset at the cabine

Chris, I've raised a fault ticket, could you please action it. Many thanks in advance.
tijara33
Pro

For Chris Pettitt:
The ticket # is Question #80746699
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

That's great.
I'll provide an update on the ticket shortly.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Your ticket has been updated Smiley
tijara33
Pro

Thanks Chris for your excellent support. I'll keep an eye on the cab tomorrow morning! The engineers are there every day at the moment as they are catching up on a back log of fibre installs now that OR have increased the capacity.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I thought as much Smiley
There's a lot of uptake at the moment. Fingers crossed and we'll see how things go tomorrow Smiley
Jacklyn

The problem is at peak times, I've just done a test now and it's  0.29 Mbps  Embarrassed  Just checked results too and I've had nothing above 1 Mbps during the evening over the last few days (Feb)
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Dick:green Duplicate post removed.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
tijara33
Pro

Fingers crossed and we'll see how things go tomorrow Smiley

Good morning Chris from a wet & windy Dorset. I'll let you know if the reset takes place. I notice that on the report you included in the reply to my question that the interleaving is set to high on my download. Would it help matters if the interelaving was removed? Excuse me if this is a stupid question. Embarrassed
Wow, something happened at 9 AM! There's been a huge drop in my latency after a drop of connection. After the reset, do I need to recycle either the router or the modem?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Good morning!
I'm just checking over a few things on your line now. Interleaving might be removed as part of the reset process but it's very much dependent on how the line copes from straight after the reset. I'll report back in a few minutes.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

As the fault is still with our suppliers and the engineer hasn't reported anything back yet, I'm not able to check the lien until the report gets back to us.
Are you noticing any difference at all?
thesawdust
Grafter

Quote from: tijara33
Good morning Chris from a wet & windy Dorset. I'll let you know if the reset takes place. I notice that on the report you included in the reply to my question that the interleaving is set to high on my download. Would it help matters if the interelaving was removed? Excuse me if this is a stupid question. Embarrassed
Wow, something happened at 9 AM! There's been a huge drop in my latency after a drop of connection. After the reset, do I need to recycle either the router or the modem?

You shouldn't need to recycle the router. The engineer will reset line at the cabinet, hence you've seen a drop in latency. Which indicates interleaving has been remove. I hope the wind don't effect you too much, pretty windy here in Lymington (Dry for now)
tijara33
Pro

Smiley
The engineer arrived at 09.30. He did the reset at 09.00 but there was no difference. He ran some more tests & has changed both the master socket & the modem & everything is pretty well back to normal. There is s loss of 6 Megs between the cab & my house but as it's over 500 metres away I suppose that's normal.
Chris, the engineer's name is Liam. He is just finishing his apprenticeship. He has done a really good job & is a really nice guy to boot. If possible, can you contact BTOR (Southampton centre) & pass on my sincere thanks for such excellent service at such short notice. It makes a nice change to be praising the often much maligned BTOR.
Thanks also for the excellent support from both yourself & your colleagues. You have one very happy customer.  Cheesy
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi tijara33,
Great stuff, it's nice of the engineer to come and have a chat and to make sure everything internally has been sorted too Smiley
I'll do my best to get your feedback passed on. I've updated your speed profile on our side which should have kicked in by now, so you should be good to go Smiley
If you need any further help, feel free to give us a shout.
tijara33
Pro

This is visual proof just how effective was the reset.  Smiley