Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre BB is slowing down.

tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Fibre BB is slowing down.

I've had a consistent D/L of around 40 Megs for the past year. Over the last week it's been getting slower & slower & it's now down to 32.7. I've run the diagnostic & the BT speed tester & my line profile is till set at 38.1. Would tech support please investigate for me?
Many thanks, Nick
38 REPLIES 38
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Fibre BB is slowing down.

Hi Nick,
I've checked over the line but haven't found anything that would look to be causing this issue. Your downstream sync rate is 35Mb.
Has there been any works going on in the area? Water/Electric or Gas or anything of the sort? I'm wondering what might have disturbed the line.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: Chris
Your downstream sync rate is 35Mb.

For that sync, the (BT) line profile should be around 34Mb and the Plusnet one just a little lower.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
leader
Grafter

Might be worth looking into getting an unlocked bt openreach modem to have a good look at the line stats ?
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,113670.msg977923.html#msg977923
Should soon highlight any issues
Always worth going through   https://portal.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults if not done so already Wink
tijara33
Pro

Thanks Chris. BTOR were in both cabs last week installing an extra fibre cable & an extra bank of fibre connections. Could they have caused the problem & if so, is there any way to recover my speeds?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for that info.
That is the likely cause I would think. With the way that FTTC DLM works, if your connection remains stable, albeit, it will take a little more time, the speeds should automatically creep back up.
tijara33
Pro

I'll keep an eye on it & update the thread in due course. Thanks for the prompt reply Chris. Smiley
Jacklyn

I have been getting on average 40mbps since I signed up to super fast broadband, up until last month, now every evening it drops to 0.5 Mbps, tried ringing plusnet tonight but gave up after 25 mins on hold. I thought that plusnet didn't  slow your connection down at busy times but this seems to be what is happening, anyone else having this problem?
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

When did it start?  I just saw this: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,123309.0.html
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
thesawdust
Grafter

Kelly - is this gateway going to be looked at?  Cheesy
tijara33
Pro

I checked the gateway Kelly & I'm on Pcl-ag01.
Jacklyn

It started round about the middle of January, download speed in the evening has rarely gone above 1 Mbps
tijara33
Pro

We have also been having a series of power cuts, the latest about 30 minutes ago & the speed has again dropped. If this is the problem is there no way of resetting the DLM, whatever that is??? Undecided
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@ tijara33 - If you've a Fault ticket open we can request an engineer completes a DLM Reset at the cabinet, however, if you're power cut issues do continue, it's likely that the speeds will drop again.
@Jacklyn - I'm just looking at your issue now.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Jacklyn - The exchange you're connected to is on our known issue list - http://community.plus.net/exchange-information/ . We believed the issue to be resolved on 31/01/2014, if you're still having problems this could still be problematic.
Do you have issues specifically at peak times or pretty much all the time?