cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Availability

jonfear

Fibre Availability

Heres one for the PN team!
I am on the SSWOR exchange which is fibre enabled. OR laid a lot of fibre around the area but did not get as far as our estate.
What needs to happen or who do I nedd to talk to to get fibre in our part of Worle? I would have thought getting Fibre here would have been easy; the whole estate is conduited and fairly modern.
Any thoughts on a post card to....
Thanks
Jon
5 REPLIES 5
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Fibre Availability

One would expect providing FTTC to your cabinets to be in BT's superfast broadband plans if it was commercially viable. Have you checked these at BTOR Where and When?.
If not commercially viable it might be in your county's plans for BDUK funding. You can check these at Connecting Devon and Somerset.
Your county councillor might have useful information.
David
jonfear

Many thanks for this. As expected the OR site says AO (Accepting Orders) as the exchange is Fibre enabled already. It just seems that there is a block linking the final couple of hundred yards!
If I could persuade a householder inside the fibre area (About 150M from me), I would run a wireless link at 5GHz!
Ho Hum, Openreach as it's usual best!
Jon
dick:quote
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Are there any obstacles or property which might need a wayleave in the way of OR laying a fibre extension.
David
jonfear

Nothing to my knowledge, indeed there is a main road which I expect is the primary route for the cable.
The down stream is 40.4dB which equates to 4KM, line of sight to the exchange is 1.14KM (Kitz), by road about 2KM then allow for joints etc!
To review BS22 9WD is my post code, BS22 7PW is the exchange post code.
All a matter of joining dots, this housing estate has some very expensive properties (not mine!)
Jon
spraxyt
Resting Legend

At the bottom of the Superfast Fibre Broadband FAQ page there is an address you could email to enquire about plans for your phone number and address. It takes a couple of weeks to get a reply but its worth trying.
David