cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Few Problems/Enquiries

Johno

Few Problems/Enquiries

I'm having problems with my connection speeds, getting download speeds of as less as 50kbs on the speedtesters.
It's gone upto 200 odd now like, and tonight I have upgraded from ADSL Home Surf to My Way Pro (I think its called)
First enquiry is will my line be an 'upto 8MB' one, or will I need to apply for that.
Secondaly, I have a Netgear DG824M Wirless router, and when I connect my XBOX to it, it works however if someone else is on the other computer (Desktop wired or Laptop Wireless) then the internet speed has decreased by around 75% and pages take an eternity to load.
I was wondering if this problem is Router/my end problem, or due to the lower speeds I'm getting.
Thanks in advance.
Plus the green light on the router, that shows its connected flashes when something is connected to the internet, no idea if thats any relevance.
1 REPLY 1
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Few Problems/Enquiries

Hi there,
I can confirm you're on an up to 8mb product though this is on the Tiscali LLU platform.
With regard to the xbox, it depends what is being done on the computer - when both computer and xbox are on they are sharing the connection and if the computer is downloading then it will use most of the bandwidth, leaving much less available to the xbox (hence the slowdowns).
Hope that helps,