Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty router caused IP Profile drop

sanderton
Grafter

Faulty router caused IP Profile drop

Hi,
Had a dodgy router which lost its wifi on occasion requiring a power cycle to fix - when it crashed it crashed hard, no way to connect to reboot gracefully.
This got a lot worse the last few days, and all the power cycling has made BT think there's a line problem, and the IP Profile has dropped from 7000 to 500.
New router now installed, would appreciate it if the resetting of the profile could be accelerated - I have a vital rugby game to watch on Sunday afternoon, and 500k isn't going to cut it!
User name beaconhill.
Thanks!
12 REPLIES 12
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Faulty router caused IP Profile drop

HI sanderton,
It seems you had a number of disconnections on saturday which has caused you profile to drop (see below). Your BT profile is still 500 which will increase once the line remains stable - on average we say this should be 72 hours. Your line is looking a lot more stable now, so I will check it later and make any adjustments necessary. it should be too long before it changes now though, sorry you missed your rugby game.
Jojo Smiley
sanderton
Grafter

After 3 stable days with the new router,  BT Speedchecker is saying I have an IP Profile of 6500 (was 7000 before) but the PlusNet info is showing 500 still. Can someone kick it?

Your DSL Connection Rate :7616 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 6500 Kbps
sanderton
Grafter

Just going round in circles with the raised tickets.
As far as I'm concerned the line's been 100% stable since Saturday evening; I've manually disconnected maybe three times since then as I've been configuring the new router.
No other drops recorded by my router,
Does it look different from your end?
Why is the IP Profile not back to 6500/7000?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi sanderton,
It looks like you have a mismatched profile which I am now having to raise to our suppliers. I have completed your fault ticket which you started in order for me to do this and will update you as soon as I have more information.
Jojo Smiley
sanderton
Grafter

Thank you JoJo.
sanderton
Grafter

Second weekend trying to watch the rugby in pixelblockyvision when as far as I can see my physical connection is perfect and only the PlusNet IP Profile is wrong.
JasonE
Grafter

If you keep re-setting / turning your router on and off the automated profiler will
lower your profile...    you have got to leave it alone for max profile  Wink
sanderton
Grafter

Manually disconnecting three times in a week wouldn't force your profile from 7000 to 500!
sanderton
Grafter

OK, starting to lose patience now; my connection's been stable for 8 days since I changed the router. It's had more than four days of uninterrupted uptime.
But still a PlusNet IP Profile of 500. It should be 7000.
When I raise a ticket I just get told to wait, but c'mon!
qdos747

Call the CSC (grab a beer or snack food first as there *will* be a lengthy Q), it's a quick fix they can sort from there - don't let them tell you nothing can be done while you're on the phone.
Source: I've had the same problem, couple months ago.
puddy
Grafter

In the last 10 days i have fitted a new router one had to go back and my connection been on and off yet my ip profile and  sync speed stayed  the same
I really thought I would have problems but nothing happened i still sync at 8128 and my ip profile 7150
Why does this seem to affect some customers and not others  is this because my BT exchange is a cross the road from my house?
puddy
sanderton
Grafter

Fixed thanks. I've lost the last bit of speed (was 7000 now 6500) but it's good to be able to watch videos again!