Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty Router?

tw199y2011
Dabbler

Faulty Router?

Hi,
I have a thompson TG585 V8.
Yesterday i struggled to get on xbox live party so i went to log into my router and forgot my username & password. I hard reset it to factory default but couldnt login with Username and password which i have on a bit of paper when supplied with the router.  I managed to plug it in and go through the initial set up like when i first got the router but where it says setting up please wait can take upto 10 mins i left it 20 mins twice and still nothing?Huh
I have replaced it with a spare router we have at work (work in local computer shop) and it is working fine but i cant use it with my thompson router.
Any help or replacement?
Thanks
Steven
6 REPLIES 6
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Faulty Router?

Did you possibly change your password from the factory default and that's what was on the bit of paper?
Go to http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/thomson-585-faqs-and-troubleshooting.shtml to see if the info on default usernames and passwords is any help. You do not need to go on-line to check it and drop your current connection. Just power it up off-line and connect to it ethernet port and renew your Local area connection and try to login to it.
tw199y2011
Dabbler

Hi,
Yes i did change the password but i have reset the router.  But the problem now is i cant even get online with the router it goes through the initial setup where you open browser put username and password in and then it goes to a screen saying setting up etc if takes longer than 10 minutes then click here. But i have left it 20 minutes twice and clicked on that link and it just starts again
Anotherone
Champion

So you've been trying to do it off-line or on-line? It won't auto configure off-line, you need to get to the Internet page to enter the broadband username and password details yourself. Note they aren't the same as the modem/router login. Your broadband user name will be of the form username@plusdsl.net and the password the same as you login to the member centre with.
Doing it off-line it will probably tell you your connection is down and you have to persist to get to the correct page.
tw199y2011
Dabbler

Hi
No i have been doing it online with my login details for the plusnet website
Anotherone
Champion

And you've been having no luck I guess - I should take it into work and see if they can get it to go on their line with their details - it's not locked to Plusnet.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
Let me know how you get on with that. I can see you've currently got an active connection but I guess that may be your other router.