cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faults.plus.net is DOWN?

alphie

Faults.plus.net is DOWN?

Hi
I am trying to submit a fault using Faults.plus.net. I cannot see this site from my home or my office machine.
http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/ tell me the site is down. (Faults.plus.net is DOWN for everyone. It is not just you. The server is not responding...)
The friendly chap at Plusnet telephone support was insistent it was up, and didn't seem to want to look into this.
Am I going crazy?
6 REPLIES 6
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Faults.plus.net is DOWN?

It's working fine for me at the moment.  DownForEveryoneOrJustMe is showing it as up as well.
Thanks
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi alphie,
http://faults.plus.net is definitely up, I've just checked for anything being flagged on our internal monitoring systems which isn't alerting us to any issues either. Does the page just time out when you try to access it?
alphie

Weird weird. Its definitely account related - when I'm logged in with my plusnet creds it just says "Waiting for portal.plus.net" in the status bar. If im not logged in, it prompts me to login, then I get the same issue.
After about a minute...
Broadband Troubleshooter - Error
There's been a problem
Please try using the Broadband Troubleshooter again in a short while. If you continue to have problems please contact our Support Team for help.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Very odd.  Just to confirm, I've just tried whilst logged into 3 different accounts (2 residential and 1 business) and it all looks ok to me (ie I quickly get to the first page of the troubleshooter).  Maybe Chris can find something specific to your account.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

alphie

Hope so. The guy on the phone mentioned a ticket I opened yesterday - but I honestly do NOT remember successful opening it relating to a connection problem I'm having.
Maybe I am going crazy!
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi alphie,
I think there's an issue with the Broadband Fault Checker on your account - I'm not sure what it is, but we'll get it looked at, I'm wondering if the Broadband Fault Checker is trying to get access to your line details to run a line check but it eventually times, out errors and chucks out a ticket to our Faults Team for manual testing, which is what's happened.
We'll get that looked at for you and the Faults Team will be in touch in due course.