cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault resolution a long process

ismoore999
Grafter

Fault resolution a long process

Does fault resolution always take a long time on PlusNet?
I registered a fault (no broadband) on Monday evening, and so far I am still waiting for diagnosis - being told it takes up to 72 hours to diagnose the fault?
This seems very slow  - considering with my last supplier (BE), they over the phone diagnosed a fault on a board in the exchange and this was replaced and rectified within two hours.
Maybe you only get what you pay for???
5 REPLIES 5
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Fault resolution a long process

HI ismoore999,
From what I can see the diagnostics picked up a phone fault and would have informed you to call your supplier. was this not the case?
Jojo Smiley
ismoore999
Grafter

All I have been told is that tests are taking place and I will be contacted in the next 48 - 72 hours.
The phone works fine and there does not seem to be any noise on the line.
Do I have to contract the supplier or do you do it for me?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi ismoore999,
In normal circumstances, if the fault checker recognises a phone fault it will normally advise a customer who uses another supplier to call them. Not sure what happened in your case then. However, I've a faults agent testing your line now.
Jojo Smiley
ismoore999
Grafter

Hi Jojo
Thank you for your help.
I spoke to customer support earlier today who confirmed it is a BT fault.
From what I understand the test was run on Tuesday that detected this fault but I was finally advised at 11.05 today that I needed to contact BT.
It is this issue that I am most annoyed about. These are automated tests that take minutes to run and yet it takes two days for a call from plus net.
It seems that no one on support thinks this to be abnormal. It will now take BT up to three working days to resolve the fault, meaning it is unlikely to be this week. had the information found by plus net on Tuesday been passed on immediately I would potentially have the fault fixed by tomorrow at the latest. It seems that PN need to review their fault escalation in this area
Regards
Ian
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Ian,
Sorry, normally when the troubleshooter identifies a potential phone fault it tells the customer to contact their supplier.
Jojo Smiley