Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fastpath internet (interleaving off)

FIXED
Jonnolewis96
Hooked

Fastpath internet (interleaving off)

Hi all, my contract has ended on my Vodafone broadband and I have about 10days left before my 30 days notice is up. On my FTTC broadband i had fastpath upload but not download which I guess is decided by the DLM or whatever it's called lol. I was going to go to a network on regular adsl connection and not fibre as I heard you can turn interleaving off your line easy as I'm a gamer and this is just going to be used for gaming as my own line and that's it. I would happily start with plusnet if they could offer me this service and was hoping someone from the team could help me with this information as the customer service team have no clue on live chat or phone. Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Jonnolewis96
Hooked

Re: Fastpath internet (interleaving off)

Hi can I have an update from one of the team please I need to know before I switch providers?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for your post @Jonnolewis96 and apologies for the delayed response.

I can confirm that if you sign up on standard broadband we can request Interleaving to be turned off however if you were to have any problems with the line DLM may turn it back on

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Jonnolewis96
Hooked

Hi thanks for your response. If I was to sign up with a contract to try this but it wasnt going great, could I automatically upgrade to the FTTC package instead at all?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Fix

Thanks for getting back to us.

You'd be able to upgrade by calling us or doing it online through your member centre

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Jonnolewis96
Hooked

@MatthewWheeler hi thanks again for the replys, I have ordered the broadband from plusnet and is going live on the 2nd of February, should I come back here to talk about getting the interleaving turned off then or give the details now and get it turned off as soon as its live ready ?
Jonnolewis96
Hooked

@MatthewWheeler My internet is up and running. Could I please request the interleaving to be off now to get fast path. And any noise margains changes if needed, thanks