cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faster upload

mathewlisett
Grafter

Faster upload

just a querie for down the road when we have more funds.  what option would i need to look at for the upload speed to be changed from the current 448kb/s which is around 36kb/s in real terms when uppint files to sites like youtube. and be able to have it changed to 1mb/s
5 REPLIES 5
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Faster upload

i just raised a question, and asked for the upload to be uncapped  Cool  i now get 1mg upoad its free
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
ajbrown1965
Grafter

Be warned that when I had my upload speed uncapped it had an adverse effect on my download speed, which dropped quite noticeably. This could have been due to other factors, but after I asked to go back on a capped upload speed the download did go back to its previous level. I may hav ebeen unlucky but I think that unless your download profile is above, say, 7000, you might find this a problem. Others may well have not had this expereince.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you are on 21CN, as has been said you can ask for your upload to be uncapped for free.
If you are on 20CN look at Max Premium on this page: http://portal.plus.net/wizard/?wizard_id=20 If your exchange is very busy Max Premium can reduce the imapct of slowdowns at peak periods as it also gives higher priority on the BT network.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
mathewlisett
Grafter

well how would the user know which they are, as that page doesnt test to see if your able to get it.
Max Premium offers up to 832kbps
is this as far as it can go as thats only around 59kb/s, which if say the file size was 700mb would take off about an hour of upload time.
and why in our tech world of 2011 are we still so slow in upload speeds compared to download, if its becuase of limited speeds just like how many users use download etc, then why not have the upload speed same as download and have it capped just like download, or infact have the on /off tab or even when they user needs the upload speed on their account.
as i really can not see any reason why upload speeds are still so dial up dismal
oh and seriously  £7.83 just for an extra 23kb/s a month. is britain really behind the times with tech that they can say that amount per month is justified with such small amounts with upload speed.
you also have plans outs there that do 2mb/s 1:1 how ever at £99 pm, its the same question, how can they justiy that and why is upload speed so difficult and expensive to provide when download speeds are seemingly easy to do.
its taken britain less than 7 years to go from dial up to fiber optic broadband, with massive download speeds, yet as above upload speeds seem to be always on the back burner.
as per example
http://www.broadbandchoices.co.uk/fibre-optic-broadband-fastest-upload-speeds.html
50mb download, yet only gains a measly 2.5mb  WTF?
vultura
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Simple answer is that adsl is designed with a ratio of upload to download speed, as its asymmetrical.
You may be better off with either SDSL or a leased line.

Has anyone seen my signature, it's gone missing.