cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faster Broadband

valart
Grafter

Faster Broadband

I just wondered if I will ever get a faster connection my speed is between 4.40mbs and 8.90mbs without getting fibre would there come a day when I would get a faster download I would love to see what 30 or 40mbs is like, or like the BT engineer said just over 9.00 mbs is my limit unless I move nearer to the exchange he also said that don't let your supplier tell you otherwise.
5 REPLIES 5
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Faster Broadband

You can check on the BT Wholesale website what is currently available for your phone line.
https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
valart
Grafter

I have looked on the BT Wholesale website and it states between 4 and 5 mbs if I have read it right that's what I am getting now.
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Well that is your answer for the time being, unless you live in a Virgin cable area which you haven't mentioned so I will assume not.
Did the BT Wholesale output just mention ADSL products?
If there is no mention of FTTC then you need to find out if FTTC is coming to your area. Perhaps ask on the Thinkbroadband.com site or search google using the exchange and cabinet number from the BTW output to see if you can find out more.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I can see that FTTC is available on your line, valart Smiley
If you wish to upgrade to FTTC you can do so via the member centre.
valart
Grafter

FTTC at 15.99 a month is a bit exspencive for me I am not one of these wealthy pensioners it would be nice if PN would make consessions for senior citizens.