cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast connection now very slow

FIXED
Jlawrence80

Fast connection now very slow

I have had a fast connection for the eight years I have been with PlusNet, but recently it has been very slow- 283kps. I raised a question and apparently a fault was found on the line, but the speed is still stubbornly slow. I have tried new microfilters, router and have used the test socket all to no avail.
4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Fast connection now very slow

Hi,

A warm welcome to the forums.

Please post your router stats; for PN TG582n and 2704n routers use the buttons below, for other routers look at the Kitz link.

Also run a BT Wholesale speed test (ideally using an Ethernet wired PC with the WiFi turned off) then run the further diagnostics and post the results here. DO NOT REBOOT the router!

Also find your CURRENT SPEED (PlusNet line profile) from the PlusNet user portal - you will need to log in.

The above information will enable other community member to assess how your line is performing and identify if there is anything odd looking about it.  You might also find the ADSL Speed Issues thread useful - see link below.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Hi there,

I am sorry to hear you're having speed issues.

It looks like your speed hasn't recovered automatically following resolution of the fault.

Profile Info: WBC 160K - 288K Medium delay (INP 8 ) 6dB Downstream, UC Low delay (INP 0) 6dB Upstream (ADSL2+)

It's likely because your connection is still dropping. [I've removed the banding now so you should receive faster speeds shortly]. By any chance are you turning your router off when you're not using it?

If you are, I'd recommend leaving your router on 24/7.

If that's not the case, I'd reporting the fault here for further investigation.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Jlawrence80

Many thanks, connection running fast again, I will keep the router running all the time from now on.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fantastic, glad to hear it! Thumbs_Up

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet