Grafter

Re: Fast Forward going nowhere!

Quote from: Bob
Thanks for the quick turnaround on this one, it's appreciated
No problem Smiley
Quote from: thehatman
Why does versioin 1.19 do this:
"Reverts back to previous target email addresses for PlusNet"
I think you mean version 1.2.1 Wink I did that because versions prior to 1.2.2 were not able to send emails as attachments and I created 1.2.1 to replace 1.2.0 as a temporary measure.
Generally speaking, it's better for everyone to use the latest version of any software. However, I like to leave several versions available (at least for a while), just in case someone has a problem with the latest.
thehatman
Grafter

OK, I've installed it and it isn't working. The send as attachment option opens an "Insert Attachment" dialog that appears to be looking in a subfolder of My Pictures (my OS is XP). That freezes with another dialog on top which says:
thehatman
Grafter

Also the balloon tip for "send as attachment" still reads as for the  "add restore menu" option.
Edit: I think what's happening is that FFW is somehow causing Outlook Express to look for the attachment in the folder OE last used browse for an attachment in the usual way, instead of looking in the FFW folder for the attachment FFW is attaching.
Pancho
Grafter

Sorry, I gave up with the Fast Forward thing as it would not work on any of my computers; I have already forgotten about it. Close the thread and start another one. I would be interested in helping with the Spam/Not Spam thing if there is still a need to do so; I note the Spam has almost stopped so something is working. I have no idea if any genuine mail is being marked as Spam as, of course, I don't get it. Nobody has said they sent a mail that I have not got. Plus Net, in my view, continues to improve even though it is owned by BT. I appreciate the service and continue to recommend it.
If there was a program that put two bins on my desktop - Spam and Not Spam - that I could drag mail into and, every so often, hit the send button that would be good. Or something like it. You see I can never find the link to forward unmarked Spam to without a lot of searching so you tend to give up and just delete it.
thehatman
Grafter

I was tempted to give up with FastForward, it was frustrating. But version 1.2.5 now works perfectly with Outlook Express and it forwards Spam and Not Spam as attachments with one click.