cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False Spam messages - getting really hacked off now 8-(

Username
Grafter

False Spam messages - getting really hacked off now 8-(

For more than a week now I have had legitimate emails being marked as Spam and moved to the Spam folder. I've even had messages I've send from my Home account to my business account marked as Spam  Angry
These messages have always been "ticked" and then the "Not Spam" button clicked (in SquirrelMail) - this appears to be having no effect as some (not all) message from certain address are still being marked as Spam.
I haven't got the time to open the headers, edit out my address, open these forums, and post examples...
Please can someone from PlusNet post a simple, correct and informative statement on how I can stop these non-spam messages being marked as spam.
I don't care what system is used, what hidden tags the headers include, what the scores are - all I want is a reliable Spam filtering solution.
3 REPLIES 3
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: False Spam messages - getting really hacked off now 8-(

Quote from: Username
For more than a week now I have had legitimate emails being marked as Spam and moved to the Spam folder. I've even had messages I've send from my Home account to my business account marked as Spam  Angry

You're on Postini so I'm guessing Postini are marking these messages. Forward a few of them to notspam@spamtraining.plus.com as attachments and I'll take a look at them. You'll be able to white-list thiese addresses yourself before long. Alternatively you can opt to switch the spam filter off. We can forward the results to Postini for training purposes but it's unlikely the results will be immediate.
These messages have always been "ticked" and then the "Not Spam" button clicked (in SquirrelMail) - this appears to be having no effect as some (not all) message from certain address are still being marked as Spam.

The Squirrelmail plugin hasn't been upgraded yet to forward to the new address (see above).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Username
Grafter

Quote from: Bob
Forward a few of them to notspam@spamtraining.plus.com as attachments and I'll take a look at them.
Email sent...
The Squirrelmail plugin hasn't been upgraded yet to forward to the new address (see above).
Can I humby suggest than that the offending button is removed forthwith - As it has wasted my time it must surely be wasting other folks time too!
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

The plugin should be upgraded pretty soon (In a similar time frame to what removing it would take - Hopefully next week sometime).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵