Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Falling download speeds

calbliss
Grafter

Falling download speeds

Hi
Back in April 2011 I was changed over to ADSL2 and my download speeds were about 12.5Kbps upload 978Kbps
In May i started to get some latency issues and that was sorted and my download speeds went down to 11.5Kbps upload 717Kbps
This remained stable with no problems. Then in November I noticed my download speed had dropped to 9.1Kbps upload 717Kbps
My house is less than a mile away from the exchange and I feel I should be getting higher download speeds than what iam currently getting and was getting for 7 months.
I have done the BT speed checker which I have attached.
Details from the Plusnet website
Estimated line speed:
9Mb (This may vary between 7Mb and 11Mb) - Checked on 2013-01-18 00:47:22
Current line speed:
11.2 Mb
My router is Billion BiPAC 7800 and have also attached my router connection details.
Is there anything that can be done to get the download speeds I was getting before.
Thanks Cal
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Falling download speeds

Hi there,
I've just been looking into this for you. The connection has been stable for over 24 days now so no issues there, diagnostics aren't showing me anything obvious either.
Bit of an obvious question, but so often a factor: were these speeds achieved over a wired or a wireless connection?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
calbliss
Grafter

The speeds were done over a wired connection, I use think broadband to record all my tests I have attached results below.
Thanks Cal
calbliss
Grafter

Hi
Is the anything that can be done to improve my download speeds?
Thanks Cal
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
Your current speeds appear to be correct, is it anything in-particular that is not performing correctly for you?