Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fairly abysmal speed all week..

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Fairly abysmal speed all week..

Whilst not wishing to discuss the qualities of the Vigor, all modem/routers can go wrong. I have seen cases where throughput speed has fallen off the cliff edge with NO other symptoms present, so testing with another modem/router would be a good idea. However, I'd get that Current line speed nudged first. I've just advised someone else to do the same as there is definitely something buggy going on. They have been getting inconsistent results faster than the Current line speed, so getting them to match may make all the difference. If not, then pursue other avenues, including raising a fault.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Kwak,
the VP at your exchange is green. I've ran some checks on your line and there doesn't strike me as anything obvious that would cause this. Have you been able to try another router?
Jojo Smiley
Anotherone
Champion

Jojo, can you please nudge his Current Line speed stuck at 7.15Mbps, last BT speedtest IP Profile was 13.46, thanks.
Kwak
Rising Star

Well it was ok yesterday afternoon and evening, has been patchy when I tested today and is currently reporting 0.01-0.13 MBps on the bt Speed test.
The *upload* speed is, as usual fine.
It has it the symptoms of too-many-users somewhere along the line.
Why would the upload always speed be fine and the download varying levels of poor if it was a technical problem shuffling data between me and the BT exchange?
Why is it always fine at night when people have gone to bed?
Anotherone
Champion

The BT speedtester is giving borked results  for some. Try the Beta one or try the Thinkbroadband one.
What does the Current Line speed at the Member Centre say, is it still 7.15Mbps?
Edit: A little bird has told me the Current Line speed has been updated  Smiley
Kwak
Rising Star

Thanks. I've flashed the the router to the latest version and disconnected a cable that went to an old backup modem that wouldn't be helping. The rate is now faster probably because of the nudge you had done, faster than it's ever been (I've seen it hit 11MB) but it's late of course. I'll see how it pans out during the day.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@Kwak,
How are things going with your speeds at the moment?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team