Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Face time problems

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Face time problems

Rookey:  I'm not seeing that as a dreadful graph. 
I appreciate you are having trouble, but that's more likely to be related to the peak time issues.  Unless you are saying you can't use facetime at other times?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
rookey
Grafter

Then why some people graph is pretty low and doing more than I am ie watching movies?
I could not face time on Friday at 2pm it was bad just like evenings. Is there any where that PN can reset my account?  I can't understand you saying that graph look ok when I am hardly using the Internet ie out etc. a few guys on here are shock what my graph is showing.
Can you possibly check the ticket I am waiting reply for please?
rookey
Grafter

Another high spike of yellow and I have done nothing .... Something is playing up on my account
Anonymous
Not applicable

[quote=rookey]others on here not like mine
You can have mine if you like !
It is quite colourful and a lot busier than yours, but I am not having anywhere near the problems you seem to have.

I have to agree with Kelly -
I'm not seeing that as a dreadful graph

Mine isn't dreadful either, just that there are periods when mine should be better.

@rookey - have you read the ThinkBroadBand "How to interpret the BQM graphs" -
                        http://www.thinkbroadband.com/faq/sections/bqm.html
Huh
rookey
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
Totally agree there AndyH.
rookey, have you got a flat above the exchange? If not, it must be at the bottom of your garden!
You still haven't said what you were using at just after 4.00pm. I was hoping we might account for the Blue peak?

What you mean about flats.. The exchange is on it own in it own building..
At 4 I was out and the mrs said she was just browsing the net Ie news etc
Blim
Grafter

Quote from: Kelly
I appreciate you are having trouble, but that's more likely to be related to the peak time issues.  Unless you are saying you can't use facetime at other times?

Umm what?
Are you telling him he cant use his internet because its peak time? what if hes working 9-5?
Kelly
Hero

Quote from: Blim

Umm what?
Are you telling him he cant use his internet because its peak time? what if hes working 9-5?

No, I'm saying that the problems he's seeing are likely to be the problem we are investigating and bumping the other threads/tickets he's got aren't going to speed it up.
Unless he's seeing performance issues outside of peak of course.  I know Chris Pettitt was having a look at his line to today to check that though.
Kelly Dorset
Blim
Grafter

Sorry it just sounded like you was  Lips_are_sealed
rookey
Grafter

Quote from: Blim

Umm what?

No, I'm saying that the problems he's seeing are likely to be the problem we are investigating and bumping the other threads/tickets he's got aren't going to speed it up.
Unless he's seeing performance issues outside of peak of course.   I know Chris Pettitt was having a look at his line to today to check that though.

Be nice to hear what Chris found or anything he think looks a bit dodgy.. I did ask is there such thing as resetting account ?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would hazard a guess that this FaceTime problem might not even be a broadband issue !
How about this for starters -
The Plusnet router is known to be OK for the ADSL, but widely reported as rubbish at WiFi.
Rookey is using FaceTime wirelessly on a portable Apple device, again not exactly known for good wireless performance (with non-Apple devices).
So for a start you have two wireless devices talking to each other which both potentially have issues.
So far nobody has suggested stepping through the wireless channels to find the best connection or a free slot.
Rookey has worse performance in the evening, so it could easily be a neighbour switching on their higher power WiFi swamping Rookies wireless connection to such an extent that it appears that there is a communication problem - which there is, but it's the wireless and not the broadband.
rookey
Grafter

Regarding ticket I sent one 36 hours ago that take ages to reply to that why I am trying to chase it up there just one as I have close the other
rookey
Grafter

Quote from: purleigh
I would hazard a guess that this FaceTime problem might not even be a broadband issue !
How about this for starters -
The Plusnet router is known to be OK for the ADSL, but widely reported as rubbish at WiFi.
Rookey is using FaceTime wirelessly on a portable Apple device, again not exactly known for good wireless performance (with non-Apple devices).
So for a start you have two wireless devices talking to each other which both potentially have issues.
So far nobody has suggested stepping through the wireless channels to find the best connection or a free slot.
Rookey has worse performance in the evening, so it could easily be a neighbour switching on their higher power WiFi swamping Rookies wireless connection to such an extent that it appears that there is a communication problem - which there is, but it's the wireless and not the broadband.

I have though many times of getting a apple airport but people said the router that PN provide won't work with it ???? As cant turn wifi odd on the PN router?
Saying that I have said many times I had no problem for the past years and it only started bady the past 3 weeks so it can't be a apple problem as I have used his router with ipad with no problem at all in the past..
I have selected a channel no one is using round here too
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I'm sure Chris Pettit will look at resetting and that sort of thing tomorrow bearing in mind how thorough he seems to be with other problems I've seen him posting about.
You aren't being ignored, that's fairly obvious.  I did suggest somewhere in one of the threads that you posted in, that next time you get a Face Time problem, try connecting via Ethernet and see if the problem still remains. That way you might at least eliminate wireless. I expect you've got so het  up you've probably forgotten that  Wink
PS.The bit about the flat above the exchange was a joke - you are obviously very close to it because those stats are very good  Smiley
Kelly
Hero

I think its the peaktime problem.
Kelly Dorset
rookey
Grafter

Nope not forgotten as I have actually put a stickie note on the notice board Smiley