cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC progress in Bath?

jmcgarrigle
Grafter

FTTC progress in Bath?

In the last week there have been roadworks outside our offices in bath, with signs saying they are in support of superfast broadband in our area. The BT DSL checker shows no change (and no plans) for FTTC on our cabinet, but I wonder if things may be about to change as a result of these roadworks?
Don't suppose anyone from Plusnet can shed any light? It appears the old NGA Enquiries Openreach address has now been shut down, so I can't get any information out of them that way..
ADSL checker doesn't tell us which cabinet we're connected to, but the line/number is linked to this forum account I believe (username b**********e).
Many thanks!
-J
3 REPLIES 3
bobthemonkey

Re: FTTC progress in Bath?

Could be the guys doing 300mbps FTTP in Bath?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Could be related to this? http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/6276-gradwell-launch-gigabath-to-bring-bath-into-the-21st-century...
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
jmcgarrigle
Grafter

Very much doubt it. The sign specifically mentions Openreach.
We know about the GigaBath project - the fibre route passes fairly close to us, but has been in situ for some time (Gradwell are not building from scratch, but using the extant CityFibre network). We're going to be at the launch event next week - should prove interesting... although we can't currently justify the cost for our needs at the moment, it's an interesting prospect for the future!
-J