cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC problems since the start of the month.

Renzokuken
Dabbler

FTTC problems since the start of the month.

Hello, I've been having issues with my broadband since the beginning of the month. I was without broadband or phone for two weeks and have only just now got back the connection on the 14th of this month.
The problem was crossed lines but ever since my connection came back Monday (Openreach paid me a visit), I've only been getting around 2Mb when I should be getting around 30Mb . I don't know what is wrong with support but they are not replying to my tickets and I am really frustrated right now.
I have been very patient.
Before I go into more detail, I was just wondering if someone could look at my line and see if a reset would sort the problem.
The engineer who came said something to me about him not being able to reset the speed because he didn't have the code for my area.
7 REPLIES 7
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: FTTC problems since the start of the month.

I can see that our Faults Team have Ticket: 88648481 in hand and this was updated early this morning.
We're working to get a 'Copper Joint Fault' resolved for you so that we can restore your speeds back to normal.
Renzokuken
Dabbler

Yes thanks Chris.
I was just wondering if you can give me some more detail on what a 'Copper Joint Fault' actually is. How it happens etc.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

It's usually a repair to a corroded section of line where two pieces join together or corrosion/damage on the joint itself.
It appears this is still being worked on but I'm certain you'll see another reply on ticket 88648481 soon.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Renzokuken
Dabbler

An engineer was outside my house earlier fixing the problem. The problem is now fixed but my download speed hasn't picked up yet.
The engineer said the line is now syncing at 37Mb.
Does anything need to be done on your end now or is it just a waiting game?
Renzokuken
Dabbler

Upload speed is around normal.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Can you please restart your Plusnet Router?
Renzokuken
Dabbler