cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC install - chap authentication error

mortondr69

FTTC install - chap authentication error

Hi, I migrated my FTTC from BT to Plusnet on Friday 26th.  The confirmation of migration came from plusnet at 9am on Friday and indeed the service had dropped from BT earlier that morning.  Good stuff I thought and quickly switched my credentials on my router (a draytek 2850) over to plusnet (my username@plusdsl.net) with the correct password as per the instructions.  Rebooted the router to be safe, sync was re-established on the VDSL side but everytime it tries to connect I get chap authentication error - incorrect username and password.
Perhaps I was premature I thought so left it til end of day.  No joy - same error - so run the "issues with my connection" wizard from the plusnet portal (have a 3g backup luckily!) and also tried connecting the white BT moden to my Win 7 PC and using the network dial up connection with PPOE login. Same error about authentication. 
Called Plusnet on Saturday evening as nothing had changed in 24 hours and the call is still stitting as "awaiting support team answer" on the plusnet website.  Spoke to a nice chap on 1st line who went through all the basics, tried changing my password etc but whatever we used it was the same result about authentication.  He said there was nothing further he could do and I would have to wait for second line support to investigate.
Well its now been a 40 hours since that and still no answer or acknowledgement.  Anyone know what might be the issue here?Huh
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: FTTC install - chap authentication error

Hi mortondr69,
Welcome to the forums and PlusNET.  This needs action from PlusNET Customer Relations Team (CRT) who will be working through the weekend backlog.
It is possible that your service has not been initiated due to install complete not being reported to PlusNET by BTOR, but I hope first line would have checked that.
Hope this is fixed quickly!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mortondr69

Re: FTTC install - chap authentication error

1st Line reckoned it should all be ok and that they had done everything they could.  Nothing from CRT yet - still down over 72 hours after I was told it was live.
Should I have expected a response by now?