Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC in Halstead/Data limits

hughconway
Grafter

FTTC in Halstead/Data limits

Hi there,
This is really two questions, but they are related:
1. According the the Openreach checker my exchange (Halstead in Essex - postcode CO9 1AJ - exchange code EAHSD) is due to be upgraded to FTTC during March 2012.  Now I know that I should take the checker dates with a pinch of salt, but the cabinets have all been installed and, according to Elgin, all BT and power work is due to be completed in and around Halstead by 20th March.  Is anyone (Dave perhaps?!) able to confirm when FTTC will be launching in Halstead?
2. Last month (my first full month using Netflix and LoveFilm on my Xbox 360) saw a drastic increase in usage (c.50GB in the first 2 weeks of the month) and so the current 60BG cap is far too low to allow me to use Netflix/LoveFIlm on a regular basis.  The 120GB on the Fibre Extra product would be ideal (for the time being) and would allow me to use Netflix and LoveFilm as they were intended.  I am not prepared to pay the £5 per 5GB top-up on my existing product as to get to to the 120GB that I need would cost an additional £60/month!  If FTTC is not coming within the next few weeks what options are there for me to upgrade my usage allowance in the interim until it does arrive.  I have seen from other posts that it might be possible to return the the legacy Unlimited tariff which I was on in a previous house (but was prevented from moving to my existing property).  Also, I have seen mention that there will be a product refresh in April perhaps and wondered when any annoucements regarding increased allowances might be made (if at all).
Many thanks,
Hugh
4 REPLIES 4
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: FTTC in Halstead/Data limits

Hi Hugh,
I can ask Dave tomorrow. As for the usage I'm afraid that apart from the fibre product, the 60GB is the maximum available.
Jojo Smiley
hughconway
Grafter

Thanks Jojo
hughconway
Grafter

Hi Jojo,
Have you been able to talk to Dave yet?
Thanks,
Hugh
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Hugh,
Yes, just had a word and he said "nothing published yet, but they tend not to post any future dates any more"
Jojo Smiley