Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC exchange RFS Date set?

theberrys
Grafter

FTTC exchange RFS Date set?

Hey everyone!
Two questions today  Smiley
1.  I have just been checking up on my exchange via the SamKnows Broadband availability checker and I noticed that the FTTC column has a RFS Date set for the 01/03/2012.  I have noticed Openreach doing some strange things including adding a new green box at the entrance to out estate.  Does this mean my exchange is going to be enabled for Fibre-to-the-cabinet on the 1st March?
2.  I believe I am on 20mb speeds already but only getting about 5/6mb.  Can anyone from Plusnet confirm if  I am on 20mb speeds and will I see an increase if fibre is arriving?
Cheers!
7 REPLIES 7
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: FTTC exchange RFS Date set?

What does this say about fibre?
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
theberrys
Grafter

It doesn't say anything about fibre.
For Telephone Number *********** on Exchange BRIDGWATER
Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 2Mbps.
Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 4Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 2.5Mbps and 7Mbps.
Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 3Mbps and 7.5Mbps. Our test also indicates that your line could support an estimated ADSL 2+ Annex-M broadband upstream line speed of 1Mbps and downstream line speed of 5Mbps; typically the downstream speed would range between 3Mbps and 7.5Mbps.
The actual stable line speed supportable will be determined during the first 10 days of use. This speed may change over time, to ensure line stability is maintained.
If you decide to place an order, a further test will be performed to confirm if your line is suitable for the service you wish to purchase.
Thank you for your interest.
Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.
Note: If you already have a Broadband service enabled on this line and you want to switch service providers, you will need to contact both your current provider and your new provider to get your service changed over new and existing service provider to have this service transferred.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

once fibre goes live it will show on that check. the rfs dates are unreliable.
I got an email form PlusNet when fibre became active on my cabinet, so I don't think you're likely to miss out Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi theberrys,
The link Strat gave you is the one to watch. Once it says it's available there then we can order it for you.
Jojo Smiley
theberrys
Grafter

Ah!  Thanks for clearing that up!  I guess I will have to wait and see  Cheesy
Cheers Smiley
theberrys
Grafter

Finally, it has been activated Cheesy
For Telephone Number XXXXXXXXXXX on Exchange BRIDGWATER
Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 2Mbps.
Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 4Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 2.5Mbps and 7Mbps.
Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 3Mbps and 7.5Mbps. Our test also indicates that your line could support an estimated ADSL 2+ Annex-M broadband upstream line speed of 1Mbps and downstream line speed of 5Mbps; typically the downstream speed would range between 3Mbps and 7.5Mbps.
Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 52.6Mbps and upstream line speed of 15.7Mbps.
The actual stable line speed supportable will be determined during the first 10 days of use. This speed may change over time, to ensure line stability is maintained.
If you decide to place an order, a further test will be performed to confirm if your line is suitable for the service you wish to purchase.
Thank you for your interest.
Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.
Note: If you already have a Broadband service enabled on this line and you want to switch service providers, you will need to contact both your current provider and your new provider to get your service changed over new and existing service provider to have this service transferred.

Now what do I have to do?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Go to Product Change in the Members Centre here https://portal.plus.net/apps/account/change/3072495/CurrentAccount
Click on Change My Products and see what's on offer. Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine