cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC availability and openreach communication.

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

FTTC availability and openreach communication.

I have been waiting patiently for fibre for a few months....  I watched the cabinet go up, next to my ADSL/POTS cabinet, but there has been no-one near since it was setup. An openreach engineer I spoke to recently said it was just waiting to be switched on.  The date on the BTW checker had been 31/3/14 for months, but guess what!!!!!  as of today, thats now changed to 30/06/2014.  I am a little annoyed, as the date previously has been static, and no-one appears to have been anywhere near for months.  What has cheesed me of is the reason stated on the BTW checker.
FTTC is currently not available on this cabinet due to following reasons:- Sorry it's taking us longer than planned to get your cabinet ready for service. Please bear with us.
Why cant they say what the holdup is???  I am sure if they did alot of people wouldnt be as annoyed with them, as at least we would know what the delay is, but the above just tells us nothing.....
Can anyone at Plusnet find out what the delay is, or suggest any way of contacting openreach to ask, an E-Mail address would be ideal.
6 REPLIES 6
drunkenmonkey
Grafter

Re: FTTC availability and openreach communication.

End Users aren't allowed contact with Openreach, only ISPs are. PN *may* be able to get some information from them but I wouldn't bet on it tbh!
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Yeah....  There used to be an e-mail address to contact regards FTTC, but thats been removed now....
Devonian
Grafter

I am feeling your frustration.  It's just not on really.  The customer is treated with utter contempt by BTOR.
Have a look at my thread:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,124687.msg1090547.html#msg1090547
penfold
Aspiring Pro

@ devonian
Thanks.  I saw your thread just after I had posted...  I absolutely agree, BTOR and BT wholesales practices are shameful. I am realistic enough to know that there may be holdups, but at least tell us what the issues actually are, rather than the insulting information on the website. If its a 3rd party contractor, then the EU may be able to lobby the council or whoever to get things moving along.
its odd that my parents and a couple of friends dates have also moved from 31/3/14 to June 2014, all on different cabinets.  Its looking a little too odd to be coincidence to me.....
On another note, I personally feel its about time BTOR were taken to task.  They appear to be answerable to no-one, apart from the toothless regulator OFCOM, who are also unfit for purpose.  The ISPs appear either unable or unwilling to take them on, maybe the disgruntled customers of the ISP should start to make their voices heard...... not sure if this would do anything, but maybe an e-petition, as if that gets enough signatures, then the issue petitioned HAS to be debated in parliament.
Devonian
Grafter

It's mind boggling the way they work really.
It's as if we, the customer of BTOR's customers (Plusnet etc) should think ourselves lucky that there will be a day when FTTC is available, and that we are being too impatient!
Even though my exchange was enabled 2 years ago, the new cab was put in place 18 months ago, and all the equipment was installed at least 8 - 10 months ago.
How do I know?
Because the cab is on the edge of my driveway, and they fitted the cab and the gear over night, keeping me awake in the process.
Surely it would be good business practice to get these cabs running and in use ASAP?
It's like a car forecourt having this years models on view, but not for sale for 2 years, when they will fast becoming out of date again!
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: buntrob
End Users aren't allowed contact with Openreach, only ISPs are.

Not strictly true.
If you find the right person, they are usually very helpful.