cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Questions

mikelally
Grafter

Re: FTTC Questions

I changed my phone contract over to plusnet with fibre extra now I have a new phone number but no Internet. I reported this on Saturday,  after returning from holiday. The mistake is apparently down to plusnet but I've been told a BT engineer has to visit again to confirm the fibre they installed three weeks ago is still usable.  Still waiting for plusnet to give me a date for this. This means I cannot commit to any business trips until I have a date.  This and the total lack of Internet is hurting me now.  Can someone at plusnet please put some urgency to this because there does not seem to be any at present. See ticket 58904320
Mike

mikelally
Grafter

It's now five days since I phoned andnput in ticket 58904320 about no Internet service.  No reply to this ticket at all.  I ask again for someone at plusnet to pick this up and make something happen
Mike
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Mike,
Apologies for the delay in response. I have followed this up, we have raised a expedite request for this to get it as early as possible. We have been given an appointment date of the 29/08/2012 between 8am - 1pm.
Your ticket will get updated accordingly and I will arrange to refund your account for the time you have been without your service.
Apologies again for the delay and I will also monitor this to make sure everything is OK with your connection.
Chris
mikelally
Grafter

Still no change to the ticket is the 29th still OK
Mike
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yes Mike, your all set for tomorrow between 8am-1pm.
mikelally
Grafter

Hi Chris
All up and running again following todays engineer visit. Thanks for your help. IS it possible to change me over to the new 250Gb fibre extra. Had a look at product change but that still thinks there is no connection.
Mike
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem at all, glad to hear that your up and running.
We have had a minor problem with some fibre customers trying to upgrade their package. This should be resolved soon.
As soon as it is I will let you know and we can get you upgraded.
Chris
mikelally
Grafter

Hi Chris
Is the upgrade problem sorted?
Mike
BRABUS
Grafter

OK so if people are being switched over to the 250gb 80/20 product how can they tell if they are truly getting the faster speed.  Don't please say do a speed test  Cheesy  as there are many posts on here where people are supposed to be able to get the faster speed but are still stuck sub 40mb.  Grin

I suspect that the BT info is innacurate and is telling people they can get the 80/20 so they upgrade (not Plus Nets fault as I assume they use the same info) and then find there is no change.  They end up paying for a product that isn't what they ordered.
Ronski
Rising Star

The BT information is inaccurate, but only because it's an estimate, most likely based on the distance you are from the cabinet. There are other factors, like line quality, condition,  noise etc. which affect the speed.
My estimate was 57/20 but I'm only getting 50/14, but most people will find they will get more than their estimate.
If you have a HG612 modem then it is possible to hack it and then obtain your attainable rate, this will show the maximum speed your line is capable of even if your on a 40/2 product.
This example is someone on a 80/20 product but they must be pretty close to the cabinet, I've even seen some with an attainable rate of over 131 meg downstream - they must literally be next to the cabinet.
Max:    Upstream rate = 33119 Kbps, Downstream rate = 88236 Kbps
Path:   0, Upstream rate = 20000 Kbps, Downstream rate = 79999 Kbps
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's all arranged for you now.
Your account change to our new Extra package is scheduled to go through on your next billing date.
mikelally
Grafter

Thanks Chris
MIke
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'll check on your account to make sure all has gone through OK.
Let me know if you need any further help.