cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Questions

mikelally
Grafter

Re: FTTC Questions

It's two days since I put in the request to reorder the fibre installation and have still not had any reply to my ticket 56512382. Can someone give this a nudge please.
Mike
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Mike,
just nudged a member of our prov team for you.
Jojo Smiley
mikelally
Grafter

When I put in the request to rebook the installation, on Wednesday, I took some time to give a list of dates when I am definately not available. Finally got a response from PlusNet on Saturday afternoon to confirm that an appoitment had been booked for one of these days. What's the point of giving information if it is not read. Also informed once again that a new router will shortly be sent out. Do you have too many of these routers, this is the third one you've tried to send me. Replied to the ticket within 30 minutes to make both of these points. Still waiting any response. Loosing the faith!!!
Mike
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Mike,
I've fed this back. Unfortunately we can't make any bookings as our supplier's ordering systems are currently unavailable. It will be done as soon as they're available.
Apologies for the oversight there.
Jojo Smiley
mikelally
Grafter

Is this booking system still down. Still no installation date.
Mike
FoolishlyWise
Grafter

I ordered fibre on the 9th of July and Im having exactly the same issue!
"This question is confirmation that your Deferred Hardware - Netgear WNR1000 - FTTC has been nullified. No payment will be taken and no further action is required by you."
Ticket ID: 57504220
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

FYI,
Amanha's issue was something different, see this post for more info: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,106016.msg905447.html#msg905447
I'm looking at your account now @mikelally
EDIT: We've requested an appointment for 26/7/12 we'll check this and confirm it within 24 hours.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mikelally
Grafter

The 26th would be fine. Thanks Adam. I wonder if BT will bother to turn up this time?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Mike,
It's not been confirmed yet but I'd expect to see that come through at some point today. We'll keep you posted.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mikelally
Grafter

Any confirmation yet?
Mike
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Mike,
Yes, I'm glad to say the appointment has been confirmed according to our suppliers systems.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mikelally
Grafter

FIbre finally installed on 26th July. Just finished the 10 day training and speeds are very low. Day 1 17740 down and 860 up, day 10 16530 down and 750 up. I live about 700m from the new cabinet and was expecting download figures in the high 20's and upload figures closer to 1800. From BT speedtest today download speed 16.1 IP profile 10.07, Upload speed 1.69 IP profile 2.
Also as the fibre was only installed on the 26th July but charged from the 25th June invoice I believe a refund is due.
Mike
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi mikeally,
I have refunded the month's service you have been charged for.
Your download speed's are performing how we would expect, you can check your line speed capabilities <a href="http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.welcome">here</a>.
Your upload should be higher than what you are showing. I'd suggest running another speed test and if you are getting the same upload result then raise a fault at http://faults.plus.net.
Any other questions then let me know.
Chris
mikelally
Grafter

Today I've ran a number of speedtests both BT and Plusnet and I've realised that when my Anti-virus - Vipre - is turned off for the Bt test I get an upload speed of 1600 - 1700 very good also if I run the plusnet broadband speed test I also get 1600 - 1700. However when I re-enable the anti-virus software the upload speed through the BT checker stays the same but the actual upload speed through the Plusnet Broadband speedchecker falls to about 700. As I always have the anti-virus enabled I hadn't noticed this before. Download speeds are consistent with and without anti-virus.
Any ideas anybody?
mikelally
Grafter

OK I've answered my own question. Seems there's a bug in the Vipre web filtering module. A few people have reported this same problem on the vipre forum. Turned off web filtering and back to full speed. Just have to find out when an update to vipre will be ready to address this.
Mike