cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Order Issues

p4thf1nd3r
Dabbler

FTTC Order Issues

I have been having issues with my Fibre order, It seems that I was able to order fibre service on a cab which had a fault
Im currently waiting for BTOR to fix a capacity issue at the cabinet.
I have waited 9 days and have received this message from the help centre
"We would like to inform you that your Help Assistant Question has now been returned to the BOT - FTTC Appointments pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible.
I called customer services and was told to wait for them to contact me
Could somebody please explain to me what this means?
24 REPLIES 24
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: FTTC Order Issues

Hey p4thf1nd3r,
Welcome to the boards and the Community Cheesy
I've had a look at this for you, originally we'd been given a review date of the 9th April, this seems to have been pushed back to the 17th April.
Based on that information, there isn't going to be anything we'll be able to do until at least that date.
When you get the message about a question being returned to the pool, it basically means that the question was put on hold for a period of time, which has now expired and released back into the wild ticket pool.
I'll place the ticket on hold again until the 17th so that we can have another look for you.
Regards,
Matt
p4thf1nd3r
Dabbler

My current ISP is due to terminate my service on the 21st March.  So what can I do when this date arrives and I have no internet access?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Plusnet staff are the only ones who could make a guess at likely connection timescales but as a stopgap would your current ISP be willing to extend your service for (hopefully) a short while?
David
p4thf1nd3r
Dabbler

My current ISP have informed me that I would have to take out a new 12 month contract as Plusnet have used the MAC i provided when i placed my order.
Im annoyed with Openreach, They allowed me to make the order, then tell me the cabinet is not ready & have pushed back the review date 3 times.
I lost a days wages for the engineer visit too.
So can Plusnet provide me with a service until this is resolved?
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Clearly I don't have access to any of the background information on this order but if the problem review date has been pushed back 3 times already it might be prudent to assume that might happen on the 17th April too.
I expect Plusnet could cancel the fibre order and replace it with an ADSL2+ one instead, then once it has been confirmed that fibre capacity problems have been solved upgrade you to that. They might be reluctant to do that because of the additional activation costs involved. However it would solve a problem not of your making.
Discussing the options with the provisioning team would probably be the best way forward.
David
p4thf1nd3r
Dabbler

Already asked them they told me to wait until they contact me.  I expect the 17th to come around with a new review date.
Oh i believe im still expected to keep paying the direct debit.  LOL
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Certainly hope it won't do. We'll also make sure to refund you for the down time as soon as the service goes live, really sorry about the delay here.
p4thf1nd3r
Dabbler

At last I had fibre installed this morning.  So thanks to all the support personnel at PlusNet.
Im getting 35mbps Down and 15mbps up
My estimate was 47mb, I was just wondering if i really will get the speed i was quoted?  
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Did you perform the speed test over wireless?  If yes, please try again but with an ethernet connection.
Also try running the BT wholesale performance tester.  After the first test is completed, click on the 'Further Diagnostics' button, enter your phone number, then click on the 'Run Diagnostics' button,  to eventually reveal the IP profile of your new fibre line.
http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
p4thf1nd3r
Dabbler

Yes I get the same results Wired and Wireless.
Download Speed 37.18 (mbps)
Upload Speed 15.68 (mbps)
Ping Latency 26.75 (ms)
When I try to run Further Diagnostics I get.
Download speed achieved during the test was - 37.18 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 16 Mbps-77.44 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 77.44 Mbps
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 15.68Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps
We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.

spraxyt
Resting Legend

What value is given against Current line speed in the Member Centre High-speed Broadband page? It should be 78 (or 77.4Mbps), but might be 37Mbps. In either case a member of the Digital Care Team needs to check the connection settings on your account (tomorrow).
David
p4thf1nd3r
Dabbler

This is what I get.
Estimated line speed:
    47Mb (Accurate to within +/- 1Mbit) - Checked on 2013-04-15 01:22:32
Current line speed:
    78 Mb

I heard that I need to wait 10 days for the DLM to adjust to my line first, but I also was advised by the Openreach engineer that the 10 day waiting period doesnt matter and the speed im on now is the speed I will get.
njay
Grafter

The DLM is normally pretty quick to cut/increase the ip profile when first initiated.
Mine hit 51 (ip profile indicated 53) on an estimated 64 line so had negotiated down from the initial fast as possible default within 10mins if setting up. But that low rate was a wiring issue.
When that was sorted (5days later) it immediately went up to 62 (ip profile of 67) and some 4hrs later it reached 72 (ip profile 77.44). Ip profile hasn't changed in a further 13dats and is still 77.44 with a speed result of 73 but investing in an Asus u66n on Monday saw the download increase to 77.6.
Hth
dannystokie
Grafter

There is no 10 day period of DLM with Fibre, it is always there and will set your line to maximum from the start and drop it if you have a lot of errors/disconnects.
My line profile is 77.44 (which i think is maximum)
I get 73.50 down and 17.80 up and I have done since it was installed on the 12th April. I had alot of problems at first with speeds dropping but I discovered it was the Plusnet router, so I bought a ASUS n56U