cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Interleaving

mikehiow
Grafter

FTTC Interleaving

Annoyingly, I seem to have had interleaving applied for a few weeks now after previously syncing at 80/20 with no interleaving at all.
I believe it may have been my own fault - I was reorganising my little server cupboard and there were a lot of power cycles within a short period of time. It was the morning following this that the interleaving was applied.
I have had no FEC errors since the modem was rebooted 4-5 days ago, so I don't think interleaving really needs to be on at all.
Is it possible to get a profile reset or do BTOR need to see that magic 25% profile drop before sending an engineer out? I had a line fault showing before with no action to rectify (engineer claimed the tolerances were just out), is there any chance a friendly Plusnet rep could use this to get an engineer out for a profile reset? Wink
Low latency is very important to me with remote working and gaming.
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: FTTC Interleaving

Hi there,
Unfortunately we don't have any control over the DLM system for fibre and it doesn't sound like we'd have grounds to be able to raise a fault.
Has this actually affected your latency in a way that's detrimental to the service? I'd see if that's actually changed as you haven't mentioned if it has.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mikehiow
Grafter

Sync has only dropped very slightly and the connection is performing fine.
mikehiow
Grafter

Well DLM resynced me last night and now interleaving is done.
I guess patience is key. It is a shame it takes so long after one little mishap, though.
To the Plusnet guys - has it been discussed with BTOR whether they'll allow more finite control over DLM in the future like they did with ADSL?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

It's something that we're hopeful of being able to do in the future as it would certainly help us, no news on anything yet though.