cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Installation

plusnetdan
Dabbler

FTTC Installation

(previously posted under danplusnet which is an account registered under old address, this username is linked to my new property)
I have just taken out broadband and home phone with Plusnet. Property didn't have an existing number so was unable to order FTTC so I opted for an initial home phone and value broadband installation so I could get a phone number allocated. As soon as I got a phone number the system says I can have FTTC.
A few questions
1) My phone doesn't work as it has an exchange side fault which BT need to investigate. Does this need to be resolved before I can upgrade my order to FTTC?
2) My broadband is targeted to be active by 8th Dec (ignoring the above fault for the moment).There's a minimum delay of 1 week from order to installation of FTTC so I would like to order as soon as I can even though it may not be active until 8th Dec.  Do I need to wait for it to become active before I can order FTTC?
3) If a BT engineer needs to investigate the phone fault at the premises could he/she install the FTTC too?
Many thanks
1 REPLY 1
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: FTTC Installation

Hi plusnetdan,
My phone doesn't work as it has an exchange side fault which BT need to investigate. Does this need to be resolved before I can upgrade my order to FTTC?

No, but it's probably a good idea to wait until that's resolved first
My broadband is targeted to be active by 8th Dec (ignoring the above fault for the moment).There's a minimum delay of 1 week from order to installation of FTTC so I would like to order as soon as I can even though it may not be active until 8th Dec.  Do I need to wait for it to become active before I can order FTTC?

Yes, the broadband would need to be active first to allow us to change your account over to Fibre.
If a BT engineer needs to investigate the phone fault at the premises could he/she install the FTTC too?

No, different types of engineers deal with faults as opposed to the ones that perform installations.
Let me know if you have any other questions at all.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team