Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Install

SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

FTTC Install

Engineer is due on Friday morning... ordered a replacement router as part of the upgrade. I assume that this is not coming with the engineer but will instead by arriving in the post...
If so shouldn't I have had it by now...  I placed the order on 29/12
25 REPLIES 25
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: FTTC Install

My guess is that it will arrive on Wednesday (delivered by Royal Mail). What does i say for status in your account summary?
David
SteveA
Pro

It says:
Unknown HW25278891 Technicolor TG582n Fibre Router £40.00 Buy

and under View order status it says:
Technicolor TG582n Fibre Router

Status Phase Message
Stage Passed Buy Thank you for choosing Technicolor TG582n Fibre Router from PlusNet
Stage Passed Payment has been taken The payment for your Technicolor TG582n Fibre Router has now been made.
Find out more information about your transactions in View invoices
Hardware dispatch pending
The order has not yet been placed
More information:
Essential settings and easy-to-follow guides to setting up your connection hardware. Visit our Broadband Support section

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Quote from: SteveA
The order has not yet been placed

That should be OK. The order will probably be placed (automatically) on Monday (though might be Tuesday), dispatched that evening and delivered the following day.
David
SteveA
Pro

OK thanks.. just had a nightmare vision of the engineer turning up with the new bits of kit and me not actually having the other half of it....
I presume that the ADSL will cease some time before the engineer turns up ?
shalom2010
Grafter

Hi SteveA - as friend of mine just had Fibre installed. The ADSL will keep working until you get a call from engineer saying they are at the cabinet and your line is about to go dead, so the connection to fibre can be made!
SteveA
Pro

Thanks for that ....its going to be interesting to see how well it all works. All the cabling is pretty new as I had the line from the post to the house replaced when work put twin channel ISDN in so its less than 10 years old.
shalom2010
Grafter

Good luck with the install, mine is on the 22nd (from BE) !
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

All being well your actual speed will be very close to what PN gave you when they confirmed your order. In general the speed predictions for fibre are far more accurate than for ADSL.
SteveA
Pro

Well its not shipped .. but its showing as pending.... this is cutting it a little close isn't it it... if it doesn't arrive tomorrow then I won't be able to get home on Thursday and then get down to the Sorting Office to collect it before it closes......
pengbo
Grafter

Had my FTTC connection installed today.  Was getting a bit antsy about the router as it didn't appear to be shipping. But then all of a sudden it changed to shipping last Friday and arrived the same day.  So if yours is similar to mine you will probably get notified tomorrow and it may arrive tomorrow.
CX
Grafter

I got a text today saying my router had shipped, apparently pretty much as it dropped (literally!) through the letterbox.
It looks a lot nicer in person than it does in the photos. I didn't expect it to be so small.
SteveA
Pro

Quote from: CX

It looks a lot nicer in person than it does in the photos. I didn't expect it to be so small.

I've already got one of them but its not the right firmware for fibre.. so I've already got the fastenings on the wall to hang it from.. All I need to do is not, like my brother, lose the mounting template for the Fibre thing from BT!
abhijack
Grafter

All the best Steve.
Its send by Royal mail first class..
SteveA
Pro

Quote from: abhijack
Its send by Royal mail first class..

Which given the post here in Cheltenham could easily mean Saturday,.