cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC - Download speed - stuck at 30mb ?

StuartUK35
Grafter

FTTC - Download speed - stuck at 30mb ?

If possible, can this be put back to 33 / 34mb please.
and god knows why it says madasafish instead of plusnet.....
BT site info:
Download speedachieved during the test was - 30 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12 Mbps-38.72 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 38.72 Mbps
4 REPLIES 4
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: FTTC - Download speed - stuck at 30mb ?

I'd assume that your current IP Address is simply identified by TBB as a Madasafish one, maybe PN are having to use these as IPV4 addresses 'run out'.
The BT profile confirms that you have a full sync (I think), you're not on a wireless connection by any chance since my 5GHz '300Mbps' wireless, even a few feet from the router, does slow down FTTC downloads (similar if I use 2.4GHz).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

The test was also done after 6pm, so unless you've got the "Pro" add-on you should only have been getting 20Mb anyway. I only get 9.9 on TBB at the moment (normally 35+) so you're doing pretty well! You really need to try again at a less busy time.
StuartUK35
Grafter

Am on 'PRO' (AKA: Proper Fibre)
cheers for the input guys, on wired connection to my cisco E3000 router Smiley
kicked the vdsl modem a few times, last time i checked got 32mb..... would prefer higher if poss...
distance to green box:  75 second walk. Smiley
lexusuk
Grafter

Hi StuartUK35,
I checked your sync rate (speed between your modem and the fibre cabinet) today which was maxed out at 40Mbps.  Your BT IP profile (the speed profile on BT's network) is also at a maximum of 38716kbps.  Your Plusnet profile (the speed profile on our network layer) was only 35000kbps however so I have manually increased this our side to match BT's network speed.  You should allow 60 minutes from the time of this post and retest your line speed.
Any issues, let us know.  Smiley