cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Download OK, upload very slow

GeordieMark
Grafter

Re: FTTC Download OK, upload very slow

I'm having the same problem with my upload, when the engineer attended he couldn't understand why I was "complaining" and 4-5meg should be more than enough. Not when it should be 15-17, there's clearly a problem but he didn't seem to understand this, and seemed bitter about doing further checks.
LukeS
Grafter

@Stoker
I've updated your fault ticket.
@Mark_
Did you chase this with the faults team?
Stoker
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I had to Google "REIN". Thanks for chasing this.
LukeS
Grafter

Sometimes REIN is used when they are unsure as to what the problem might be. On reflection, I've decided that it might be worth trying to modify your upstream. Hopefully, this will force a profile reset, so I've placed an order to change your upstream to 2MB (Don't worry I'll change it back). We should have some news on this tomorrow.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Sometimes REIN is used when they are unsure as to what the problem might be.
Sounds more like BT saying 'we've tried blaming it on crosstalk' and they didn't buy that, so let's try 'rein' and see if they'll buy that. We'll try anything rather than have to sort out the real problem... Roll_eyes

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

GeordieMark
Grafter

@LukeS I did, got a boost engineer coming tomorrow, hopefully he's more understanding...
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Quote from: LukeS

@Terranova
Your line appears to be operating with the accepted range. - Down 38.2 & Up 7.7 are the estimates according to https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/. Your banding is currently: 37M-74M Downstream, Interleaving Off - 7.5M-15M Upstream, Interleaving Off. Which is the highest it will go to with your current sync speed.

HI luke, My estimate when i joined Plusnet back in March was 67Mb i Synced at 65Mb it stayed that way perfectly fine until the line fault, It was only when i got the line fault that for some reason BTW / BTO dropped the estimate to what it is now with no reason given, if the banding is upto 74Mb then i should be able to get my 65Mb sync back as it was before the fault as there is nothing preventing that other than DLM,  so why hasn't DLM done anything as i have said many times now it's been 3 Months.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Morning Terranova667,
The only answer to this would be for DLM to still be seeing something by way of an error on a regular basis which would warrant it holding the speed where it is as per the guide here.
Stoker
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

... so I've placed an order to change your upstream to 2MB ...

Well something's changed as I'm seeing almost 1.7mbps upload this morning. Not sure how that squares with BT's excuses! Download is stable at my usual 28mbps or thereabouts.
LukeS
Grafter

Hi Stoker, can you just use the broadband as normal and let me know what performance is like over the next 24 hours. I'll test the line in full tomorrow.
@Terranova667
There is definitely a chance this could be crosstalk. I do hate the phrase, but more customers could have started to use the cab and therefore likely to cause you to lose speed. The fault could have been a coincidence? Or if it was to do with the fault, are you aware of any changes made to network as part of the fix?
@Mark_
I hope it goes well Cheesy
GeordieMark
Grafter

@LukeS it went terribly, boost engineer refused to do what he was booked for in the first place, but more on that in my thread Sad
Terranova667
Pro

@Terranova667
There is definitely a chance this could be crosstalk. I do hate the phrase, but more customers could have started to use the cab and therefore likely to cause you to lose speed. The fault could have been a coincidence? Or if it was to do with the fault, are you aware of any changes made to network as part of the fix?

Hi Luke, my speed loss was due to a fault that was confirmed nothing to do with crosstalk, as for network changes nothing that I'm aware of as i said i requested a DLM reset but was told no so i assume the fix didn't require any major changes. 
Terranova667
Pro

Quote from: Adam
Morning Terranova667,
The only answer to this would be for DLM to still be seeing something by way of an error on a regular basis which would warrant it holding the speed where it is as per the guide here.

Hi Adam i requested that my line be checked a couple of times in the three months i have been waiting and nothing was found that would stop DLM from increasing the speed but for some reason it's not bothering I'm pretty sure if there was errors sufficient enough to prevent that they would have been spotted, Interleaving is off for both up and down the line is green so no it's not errors, the answer is simple DLM is cack it simply doesn't work for giving speed back  i'm getting sick of it being defended like it does no wrong.
LukeS
Grafter

Quote from: Terranova667

Hi Luke, my speed loss was due to a fault that was confirmed nothing to do with crosstalk, as for network changes nothing that I'm aware of as i said i requested a DLM reset but was told no so i assume the fix didn't require any major changes.   

The reason your speed is slow is because the sync is lower. It's nothing to do with DLM. Either the line quality has degraded or it's crosstalk. We could try and send an engineer out but BT would try to argue that this isn't a fault.
LukeS
Grafter

Hi Stoker,
How's the connection? everything appears stable at this end.