cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Checker wrong

BLINDPEW
Grafter

FTTC Checker wrong

This is a long statement but a short question. I had a fault on my phone line the other week and the BT engineer came to repair it. I told him that a few years ago I'd had a broadband problem and the engineer had shortened my cable by approx 1500 metre and connected me into the cabinet which is approx 200 metres from my property instead of the one which was about 2000 metres away but he didn't update the info on the BT records. After the BT engineer repaired my fault he confirmed I was not connected to cabinet 18 as it said on the FTTC checker but that I was connected to cabinet 30. He then updated the records and it now says I'm connected to cabinet 30 on the FTTC checker. My question is, is it possible that the FTTC checker is wrong has when it says I was connected to cabinet 18 my estimated speed was 11.2 but since the BT update it now says I'm on cab 30 but still only forecast a speed of 11.2. This must be wrong as I'm only 200 metres from cabinet.
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: FTTC Checker wrong

Hi there,
It does sound like the checker data may not be fully up to date. It's worth bearing in mind that information is reliant on a number of other systems being up to date for example it sounds like the cab numbers have updated but perhaps not the data relating to the estimate. That could well mean that the data takes a while to become updated so I'd have another look in a few weeks time and you might notice that it's changed.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
BLINDPEW
Grafter

Re: FTTC Checker wrong

Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a couple of weeks and check again. The reason I  ask is that I'm thinking of upgrading to fibre and as I'm getting 10mb at the moment it seems a waste of money to upgrade to only get 11.2mb. I'm 99% sure that I would get alot faster speed so I might risk it in a couple of weeks.