Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Cabinets (Finally!)

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

FTTC Cabinets (Finally!)

After my exchange date slipping originally from June 2012, to now March 2014 - it seems cabinets are now finally appearing Cheesy
So hopefully March 2014 is looking realistic. How long does it take from when the cabinets are installed?
This one is being installed a couple of streets from me - still looks a bit too far for my line I am hoping one crops up on my street soon.
My sister said she saw of another one - I'll have to scope out my local area over the next few days Smiley
Good luck to anyone else with a March 2014 date - it might not actually slip this time, as it now looks like mine won't.
2 REPLIES 2
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: FTTC Cabinets (Finally!)

Go to http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome and put in your telephone number. At the top it will tell you the cabinet you are connected to. The numbers are stencilled on to the outside of the existing cabinets.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: FTTC Cabinets (Finally!)

Thanks Jelv - I'll take a look tonight when I get home.
I noticed the fibre cabs are usually placed by the other smaller cabs - I don't know if that's always the case?
There are two small green cabs at either end of my road, I think I know which one is mine but I will check the numbers.
Hopefully it might all be up and running before March I guess.
The checker is reporting March 2014 for FTTC when I put my number in which I assume is a good sign.