Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Cabinet speeds / distances

apollo1
Grafter

FTTC Cabinet speeds / distances

Hi guys
I have ordered FTTC, with a predicted speed of 32.8mb down and 5.8mb.
Could plus net confirm what the distances of the copper line to the cabinet speeds should be in relation to distance?
I am on a new build, and the main fibre cab is approx 217 metres (measured on Google maps) from the house (house is next to main road and fibre cab is on main road)
3 doors down from me takes the line from over the road overhead (as its still the showhome) unless they have switched lines (another small phone cab about 20 feet away) and is on the edge of village and in the fibre checker, there number shows it can get 62mb down 20mb up, even though its further away from the fibre cab but linked onto the same cab as mine (looking online at a fttc postcode sheet all surrounding streets are connected to the same cab number)
Looking here i should approx get 65mb which would coincide with 3 doors down http://www.thinkbroadband.com/guide/fibre-broadband.html
Thanks in advance
Graham
4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: FTTC Cabinet speeds / distances

Which one of our Fibre products did you choose to go on to as Value Fibre is up to 38Mb whereas Extra Fibre is up to 76Mb.
Quite a few people have found the speed estimates conservative, especially on newer lines where there isn't as much info to predict the speed.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
apollo1
Grafter

Hi Chris.
In the product change took both value fibre and extra fibre showed estimated 32mb /5.8 mb.
The bt wholesale checker shows estimated 32 mb.
Is there a chance it could be more and how would I know this as 62 mb sounds better and 20mb up.
Thanks

Graham
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Yes, whilst we can't guarantee that there is a chance the speeds may slightly exceed the estimate.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
apollo1
Grafter

Hi
Nice to know there could be a bit more in it.
Thanks