cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Cabinet Spotted Will I be eligible for trial?

AlanAtHome
Grafter

FTTC Cabinet Spotted Will I be eligible for trial?

Hi
I noticed a new green cabinet about 100m from my door a few weeks ago. This week I noticed a van and car there with openreach on the side. The guy in the car had a cable running into the cabinet (I'm assuming setting up/testing).
Does this mean FTTC will be available in my area and would I be able to join trial?
Thanks
Alan
4 REPLIES 4
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: FTTC Cabinet Spotted Will I be eligible for trial?

check your exchange here http://community.plus.net/21cn-exchange-availability/  they are running cables and putting up new cabinets on mine, but the date is Sept 2010
AlanAtHome
Grafter

Yes exchange is listed for June
jonould

Likewise, mine is listsed as June 2010. Is there a list to register for the trial?
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

No List as there is no priority. You have to contact Dave when the checker states you have an FTTC service - and any dates could slip or be removed from the checker (as mine was) then state 31st Dec 2010 then disappear again until it suddenly went live a few weeks ago. Until then Dave can't do anything so no point in having a list.
That assumes the trial is still in operation at that time. At some point BT will declare the trial over when the service will be generally available, but this may still happen before all the green boxes are active like the Max ADSL service.