Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEC CRC and ES errors

lenny
Grafter

Re: FEC CRC and ES errors

Quote from: Chris
From reading through this thread you've identified the cause of the issue and have started talking to the council to get that looked at. Our faults team will pick up the ticket and hopefully request a REIN engineer who can confirm the cause of the problem. I

Chris is there any chance you get the people in the know to have a look at this thread please and get something done through BT Openreach , thanks
Conacted parish counciler and emailed him the info and graphs but sounds as though I will have to wait till the next council meeting in October to get anything done threw them , local disrupt councilor contacted and waiting for reply
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: lenny
local disrupt councilor contacted and waiting for reply

Sometimes a typo can bring about a more meaningful statement of the truth!
The Parish Council meeting if they agreed to do anything, could only write to the district council (or whoever is responsible for highways lighting).  As I implied, from experience parish councils do not have much clout over anything useful, even where they do, it takes a long time to get anything done.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

lenny
Grafter

Predictive text on the tablet  Grin well it picked the right word  Grin
Been out to the DP with a radio on 600mhz and there was a definitive  buzzing but nothing from the streetlight ,will check again when the light turn on to see if the buzzing increases ,
I have been Googling streetlights and REIN and there are a few where it is the sensor on top thats at fault as that gets power all the time but they had a problem with REIN all day , I think it's either the ballast or the lamp as it only happens when it comes on ,
  the fish tank lights in my room are causing the radio to buzz but had them turned of and unplugged and no increase or decrease in day time errors so not to worried about them, unplugged all the electrical equipment near the pc and router and same again no increase or decrease in errors
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

If you get a radio close to any electrical equipment you'll get a buzz, its when you are a few feet away and it still buzzes that there is an issue.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

lenny
Grafter

there was not a lot of  noise,but there was some  from the street light but the noise on the Drop Point had increased that the radio would pick it up from about 2.5 foot away, but as soon as the light started to come on the errors started to rise again and with in 9 minuets had reached over 90.000 and still rising
lenny
Grafter

As an update ,
What I did notice on the radio that I did not take much notice of at first was ,when I was testing during he day there was only a static nice then when I approached any electrical device you could here the buzzing ,
When I checked the drop point there was a slight buying  and nothing from the the lamp when off.
When I checked when the light was on there was an increase in buzzing from the DP and a slight buzz from the streetlight but also a click ,click click about every second was now been picked up even when I stood at my back door this was still there when I went to bed , it was still there when I had a walk to the DP and streetlight early this morning. 
But the clicking stopped as soon as the light turned off, is it a coincidence or is that my interference , I will now have to monitor the clicking with the radio threw the day to make sure it's not there and to see if it returns when the light turn back on
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Chris,
It might well be.  When looking for this stuff, it's the difference you are looking for.  What you've discovered might be 'burst mode' interference.  I guess that you are not picking up similar fir other street lights?  It all rather points to that light being defective and is evidence you should pass back to the highways folk.

lenny
Grafter

no noting from other lights ,

a graph from when i started monitoring ,had to join 2 together so you will see the join
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Crazy It looks like it is getting worse.  One might have hope that the light is moving towards total failure!  Cheesy  Grin Roll_eyes

lenny
Grafter

Just had a reply to the ticket, and spoke to an agent in the faults department , this is now on hold for an engineer to  visit until after my fibre install  on Wednesday of this week ,
Had an email from my contact in the council  ,they are hoping for a reply to my request for the light to be turned of from the lighting department today,
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Once the line switches to fibre we can get back in to this. It may need a new fault report creating at that point, but we'll cross that bridge if we come to it.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
lenny
Grafter

Thanks Chris for the reply
lenny
Grafter

Just an update ,
I have swapped to fibre and a lot of the night time errors have stopped ,I am still getting errors in the day and at night but not as bad,
The lighting contractor has been in contact and did not really wish to turn the light off due to H and S but have agreed to change the old sodium head to a newer light head , but not been on adsl and getting the errors shown now I can only hope that some of the errors I am still getting at the time the light is on are reduced
Cheers for the help Kevin
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Chris,
You are welcome. Great news all round.
For a sanity check, I'd pop out with your AM radio and reconfirm the clicking noise before the head is changed.  Then check again afterwards.  It might not be the light unit, but rather the control system.  Would be good to ensure the issue you observed has actually gone.
Kevin