cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAO Bob Pullen Chris Parr or anyone who knows what they are on about :)

Photomad

FAO Bob Pullen Chris Parr or anyone who knows what they are on about :)

Hello, I am so sorry I have had to stoop as low as to posting on an open forum but I can see no other way of getting any satisfaction.
My raised tickets are in a mess, and I am closing them willy nilly as I am so confused and peed off right now.
My story begins last Friday when I asked for my Mac code as I wanted ADSL2+ as I had been switched on to the 21CN , but I was told I couldn't have this on my account.
I was told to hang fire as I was a valued cutomer of many years and they would see what could be done.
Now some staff do not realise that ADSL2+ is NOT 21CN. I kept getting told I had been switched over, yes I had to 21CN not ADSL2+ but hey I was even told that my new thompson router, supplied by plusnet would NOT tell me if I was on 922.1 or 992.5.
Again why don't people think before they reply ?
Anyway so after sitting about for three days and using dial up, which I do appreciate by the way, I am now told that apologies are due for the missinformation I was given but I STILL have to change my account to one that supports ADSL2+ Huh My account does support ADSL2+ as many users were given the opportunity to test ADSL2+, I couldn't as my area wasn't covered then.
I am really frustrated now as I know of several people on the same account as me who are sat happily using ADSL2+ and have not had to change their account.
Please can someone either sort this out for me, or tell the people who deal witn Mac Codes to just bloody give it me without promising me ADSL2+ if I stay.
I really dont want to leave Plusnet, I regard them very highly as a provider.
A pm or an email would suffice really.
ps I am not even a heavy downloader, I just want what is on offer to others.
pps for those who feel the need to have a look for me.... ID: 32500044
Dave
14 REPLIES 14
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: FAO Bob Pullen Chris Parr or anyone who knows what they are on about :)

Regardless of your other problems which will need a rep to sort out.
The only accounts which support ADSL2+ (those where Plusnet will provide it) are Plusnet  Premium, Plusnet  Extra and Plusnet Pro (the current version)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi Dave,
I've dropped myself an email to take a look at this tomorrow, if it's not me then I'll get one of the team to take a look.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

ADSL2+ was trialled for a period and during that period people on all sorts of different accounts were put on to ADSL2+. Many of them had to put up with a lot of problems as ADSL2+ wasn't really as ready as it might of been.
Come the end of the trials, Plusnet launched ADSL2+ and announced which accounts would be able to have the faster speeds. They would have been perfectly within their rights to restrict the speeds of the trialists who were not on those accounts to ADSL1 speeds, but they didn't as a way of saying thank you for their assistance in the trials (a pretty normal business practice). So the fact that some people on the same account type as you took part in the trials and are still on ADSL2+ is irrelevant to your situation.
If you kick up a fuss about this and get put on to ADSL2+ word would get out that anyone threatening to leave get get on to ADSL2+ without switching to one of the accounts that provide it and Plusnet would be forced to give it to everyone - somehow I can't see them risking that!
No, their only option would be to withdraw ADSL2+ from the trialists who are not on the relevant accounts - and I can see you making yourself very unpopular if that is what happens!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
puddy
Grafter

Does this mean when my BT exchange gets updated to 21 CN  I will be forced to move to a account?
I am on Force9 Broadband Premier Option 1 and dont want to move from this account to one that gives me a worse service and one that cost more, that not progress in my mind
Puddy
Photomad

Quote from: jelv
ADSL2+ was trialled for a period and during that period people on all sorts of different accounts were put on to ADSL2+. Many of them had to put up with a lot of problems as ADSL2+ wasn't really as ready as it might of been.
Come the end of the trials, Plusnet launched ADSL2+ and announced which accounts would be able to have the faster speeds. They would have been perfectly within their rights to restrict the speeds of the trialists who were not on those accounts to ADSL1 speeds, but they didn't as a way of saying thank you for their assistance in the trials (a pretty normal business practice). So the fact that some people on the same account type as you took part in the trials and are still on ADSL2+ is irrelevant to your situation.
If you kick up a fuss about this and get put on to ADSL2+ word would get out that anyone threatening to leave get get on to ADSL2+ without switching to one of the accounts that provide it and Plusnet would be forced to give it to everyone - somehow I can't see them risking that!
No, their only option would be to withdraw ADSL2+ from the trialists who are not on the relevant accounts - and I can see you making yourself very unpopular if that is what happens!

Excuse me, there were no threats at all from myself.... please read a little more carefully what I wrote. I was TOLD not to leave as the person I spoke to OFFERED me ADSL2+. aS FOR GOING PUBLIC, YOU TRY SPENDING 3 DAYS ON A PHONE LINE WITH PEOPLE WHO DO NOT HAVE A CLUE ABOUT WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. Sorry about caps, I was getting a little overwhelmed by the way you accused me of threatening behaviour.
Photomad

Quote from: Chris
Hi Dave,
I've dropped myself an email to take a look at this tomorrow, if it's not me then I'll get one of the team to take a look.

Thank you Chris, much appreciated.
I can assure you I made no threats whatsoever about leaving my favoured Provider.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

recently Mand did reply that they might be looking at it soon, but in her words dont hold your breath to much
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@photomad
Your line is on 21CN, but you're correct that it's not on ADSL2+. There still seems to be confusion among some people here (notably the non-techy teams) about the difference between these so I'll one of my team to do some additional internal awareness on it.
I've placed an order to move you to ADSL2+ as you were promised and this should complete tomorrow morning.
Sorry about the confusion.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Chris, I never used to read the 21CN/ADSL2 forums as I am on value and know it was only up to 8 M , - my synch is 8128 and always has been, but I see form yesterdays Status that my connection  is on THN AG1 and didnt get affected, my Exchange went 21CN last month, what are the implication to me?
Will it ever be detrimental to be on 21CN, like a lot of people had earlier?
Photomad

Quote from: Chris
@photomad
Your line is on 21CN, but you're correct that it's not on ADSL2+. There still seems to be confusion among some people here (notably the non-techy teams) about the difference between these so I'll one of my team to do some additional internal awareness on it.
I've placed an order to move you to ADSL2+ as you were promised and this should complete tomorrow morning.
Sorry about the confusion.

Thank you very much Chris. Much appreciated.
Dave
Photomad

Well after giving the system time to settle in I have had a few disconnections and yesterday had no connection for over 36 hours. My DSL connection was down. I raised a ticket, made the obvious phone calls and this morning am back online. I am now showing as 4500 instead of the 21000 I was showing this time Friday. Can someone give it a kick for me please.
Telephone number:
    016*************
Phone exchange:
    NEWQUAY
Estimated line speed:
    4 - Checked on 2010-03-19 16:50:38
Current line speed:
ramidoodle
Grafter

Hi Photomad
Your current IP profile is 4500. Your plusnet profile seems to have been amended to 21Mbps by one of my colleagues after placing the order to make sure that this wouldn't cause a problem later on. However this has automatically dropped down to 4.5Mbps to match the IP profile at the exchange.
Photomad

Thanks for replying Rami, could you let me know if I will be put back up on a higher sync ratio again as the line settles in ? My download speed has dropped, if I can achieve a faster download speed last week, why not this week Smiley
Thanks
Dave
Photomad

Hello again Rami, well after a period of being disconnected every time I tried to download anything my connection seems to have become pretty stable.
My IP Profile on the speedtesterbt.com has now gone up to 5500, it has been this for the last 3 days.
Will my plusnet profile reach the same as my 5500 instead of the 4500 it is showing now automatically, or does it need a kick ?
Thanks
Dave