Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely slow ADSL broadband speed.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Extremely slow ADSL broadband speed.

Hi Donna,

Thanks for providing your availability - I've booked this in for you and confirmed the appointment date and time via your open ticket.

Best wishes

Dave

Donna79
Dabbler

Hi Dave
I have the engineer here, he's tested the line & found no fault. He says it's because the cabinet is so far away from the house, it's always going to be slow for ADSL. He also said he lived near me & he had the same problem. Could I upgrade to fibre, now i know there's no fault on the line? The engineer is going to replace the cable at the cabinet, to temporarily speed it up until I've switched to fibre.

Many thanks
Donna
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Donna.

Thanks for the update.

I can see your speeds are at 3.5mbps now which is a lot better than before, although fibre would increase this considerably. If you want to upgrade I'd recommend calling our customer options team on 0800 013 2632.

Once arranged, a fibre order should take around 5 working days although may be delayed depending on engineer availability to carry out the required work at the cabinet.

Let us know how it goes or if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet