cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excruciatingly low speeds.

coatseh
Grafter

Excruciatingly low speeds.

Hi, Recently I have been getting speeds on under 2mb download (average around 0.7mb) and even lower upload speeds.

I normally get around 12mb+ download.so I am totally perplexed as to why this is occuring. Here are a few router stats.

Upstream Downstream
Current Rate (Kbps) 1056 15704
Max Rate (Kbps) 1060 15916
SNR Margin (dB) 7.4 12.4
Line Attenuation (dB) 3.5 16.5
Errors (Pkts) 0 0

I know that isn't a lot to go on, but let me know any more information you need and I will provide it! 

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Excruciatingly low speeds.

Hey there. Sorry to hear you're experiencing slow speeds. I've looked into your account and I'm not finding any issues. Are you connecting over wireless?

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
coatseh
Grafter

Yes all devices are via wireless.

My laptop/computer seem fine now however my xbox one is still getting very low speeds (less than 1mb).

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I'd probably suggest seeing if your speed is any better/more stable with a PC or laptop connected via an Ethernet cable to the router.

Here's a guide about wireless connectivity:
http://www.plus.net/help/broadband/getting-the-best-wifi-signal/

Let us know how you get on or if it's no better via Ethernet.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button