Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange showing Amber status

acarneiro
Grafter

Exchange showing Amber status

Hello, you clever people
Just had a peek at my exchnage's status on Plusnet's user tool and it's showing as Amber with no estimated time for a fix provided by BT.
I did notice that I struggle to achieve line speed (8Mbit as the exhange is ADSL-only) at busier periods, so that fits with my experience.
Reason I'm slightly worried is that FTTC/P is coming. In fact, the cabinet has been upgraded and the "go-live" date is tomorrow (supposedly).
With an Amber status on the exchange does this mean that the congestion is only going to get a LOT worse due to the increased bandwidth available to end users or will the exchange be upgraded as well to cope with the extra traffic?
Oh, it's Cross Houses in Shropshire (I can see it from where I'm sitting now, I should get decent speeds!)
Thanks for any views!
André
2 REPLIES 2
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Exchange showing Amber status

FTTC doesn't use the same resources so if anything as people move over to FTTC things should improve on ADSL.
Edit: Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the last day of the month tends to be a place holder and frequently is changed to a later date.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
acarneiro
Grafter

Re: Exchange showing Amber status

Well, that was good news and bad news, I suppose... Wink
Thanks for that, jelv. Hopefully it won't be just a place holder but I suspect you may well be right Smiley