Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ex-Sky Netgear Router

tullyhubbert9
Dabbler

Ex-Sky Netgear Router

First post on the forum so hello from Northern Ireland
Anyone else using an ex-Sky Netgear DG934 router?
I have installed DG834 firmware on two of them and both are working great on PlusNet, but the internet connection light on both is amber. A friend who has sky BB says his light is green, sky package others routers in the same case so it could be a Sagem or Linksys. Can't find a manual as technically no such router exists.
Indicator lights left to right
LHS
Power - green
A tick - not on
Wireless - green
@ symbol (Internet?) - amber.
RHS
Four ethernet lights - green when active

So what colour is your @ light? Grin
6 REPLIES 6
geoffa
Grafter

Re: Ex-Sky Netgear Router

I've done the same thing and mine is also amber, although it was definately green when connected to Sky. I assume it's just a quirk of the 834 firmware on the 934 router as it seems to work ok.
tullyhubbert9
Dabbler

Quote from: GRA
I've done the same thing and mine is also amber, although it was definately green when connected to Sky. I assume it's just a quirk of the 834 firmware on the 934 router as it seems to work ok.

Another for team amber then  Wink
Your saying then you previously used it on Sky BB and it was green then? Must be a 924/834 firmware quirk then.
geoffa
Grafter

Just realised that the true 834 h/w has separate lights for DSL and Internet, whereas the Sky 934 version has just a single light which is amber initially for DSL connection then green when Internet connection is established. No doubt this is causing the discrepancy.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Identifying Sky routers accurately can be difficult.
See here: http://www.kitz.co.uk/isp/sky_connection.htm
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: tullyhubbert9
First post on the forum so hello from Northern Ireland
Anyone else using an ex-Sky Netgear DG934 router?
but the internet connection light on both is amber. A friend who has sky BB says his light is green, LHS
Power - green
A tick - not on
Wireless - green
@ symbol (Internet?) - amber.

Most men are red green colour blind and led lights are difficult to read in day light  I can never tell the difference
Puddy
Ps most men don’t even know they are colour blind  I did a test at work and 80% had the red green problem without ever realising it.  Its a gene passed from mother to son but  women are better at colour vision than men
tullyhubbert9
Dabbler

Quote from: puddy

Most men are red green colour blind and led lights are difficult to read in day light  I can never tell the difference

Its definitely orange and not green. I've been a spark for 30 years now and if I couldn't tell red from green there would have been lots of bangs along the way  Grin