cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evidently an old issue - Openreach disappearance

johnadodd

Evidently an old issue - Openreach disappearance

Well, what a day.  After booking a precious day's holiday to wait for the BT Openreach engineer to install the fibre optic, lo and behold he/she was a no show.  Having asked for a 1pm to 6pm slot I thought I'd combine 2 calls to Plusnet in 1, as I needed to report a dead telephone line (it was supposed to be running the previous day).  After 18 minutes waiting at 5.10pm I spoke to a friendly guy who, after 5 more minutes of checking the line said that there was a fault with the exchange so no phone service until perhaps the 26th.  I mentioned that the BT OPenreach engineer only had 30 minutes or so to arrive and could he check the situation - unfortunately not and I was asked to call back after 6pm in the event of a no show.  I called back at 6.05 pm, waited 23 minutes only to be transfered across to a department that wasn't obvious in the phone menu.  After another 15 minutes the line went dead.  Time to start again.  33 minutes later I spoke to someone who seemed sympathetic but who said that the relevant department had waiting times of 40 minutes (I'd got through to general enquiries etc).  Advice....don't email but rather try and call at 9am tomorrow to see if things are better.
Seriously - I can't even get through to my broadband provider to complain that my service hasn't been connected.  So now I've wated a day's holiday plus extra time tied to the mobile listening to hold messages, and still I've got no idea when I get my fibre optic.
Is there any way known to any forum members to speed up the system or to bypass the catches?  I'm dependent on getting my internet installed ASAP to allow home working and this really is not going well at all....
Thanks for any suggestions (unless it involves spending another 2 hours more or less on the phone)
2 REPLIES 2
NedLudd
Grafter

Re: Evidently an old issue - Openreach disappearance

Don't despair!
One of the Plusnet techies will be along soon and take ownership of your problem. These guys are the best!
Geoff,
York.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Evidently an old issue - Openreach disappearance

Really sorry to hear about this,
as I needed to report a dead telephone line (it was supposed to be running the previous day).

I'll obviously investigate this further but I do also suspect that's why they didn't turn up, you should have been notified though.
Thanks for any suggestions (unless it involves spending another 2 hours more or less on the phone)

I'll get on the case with this now for you and I'll be phoning you with any updates to save you the leg work Smiley
Adam

EDIT: Glad to see we've already picked this up for you, ticket 66118253 has more details about the missed visit and will be updated when we have more details about expediting the next appointment for you.
I've set myself a reminder to check that ticket tomorrow for updates so I can make sure you're kept up to date without having to chase us.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team