cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet and Wifi ping spikes and have no idea why?

QuickJamFiber

Ethernet and Wifi ping spikes and have no idea why?

We contacted support a few weeks ago because we realised have only got 1 mbit even though we are meant to have ten and back then the ping never ping spiked but now after the upgrade we are having tons of ping spikes from 20 to 1000. Ive looked on so many posts and nothing worked for me and I'm a gamer so its very annoying getting pinged back 5 metres to find that you got killed in the process. please help!

3 REPLIES 3
Ndegwa
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Ethernet and Wifi ping spikes and have no idea why?

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having broadband issues. Can you run through our troubleshooting guides here, let us know how you get on: http://goo.gl/p2tpvL If the problem persists feel free to drop us your username over direct message so we can check the connection from this side and see what's going on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lee Y
 Plusnet Help Team
NeutrinoSunset

Been having the exact same issue for over a year now. Contacted support more times than I can remember but they've never done anything to fix it. If we weren't going to be moving soon I'd dump Plusnet in a heartbeat.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@NeutrinoSunset line tests aren't showing any issues. I'd like to investigate this further, can you run a traceroute via an ethernet connection to pingbox1.thinkbroadband.com posting the results up here?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet