cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 501

Aylayet

Error 501

What is this.. now the 3rd time been waiting almost 4 weeks now still no broadband yet money has been taken.

Informational:9536:No matching Broadband order found for SIM2870790,Error:501:Order Rejected
7 REPLIES 7
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Error 501

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Gel Why do you say that? The OP appears to be talking about broadband and SIM2870790 could be a simultaneous Broadband/Phone order reference.

Aylayet

Mobile? This is for home broadband.. I’ve been told a simultaneous order for phone and broadband was placed twice then the last operator which is why it didn’t work, said she now placed them separately but I still get the error message quoted on my message. Someone needs to take ownership and fix or refund ASAP
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

@Aylayet,

A warm welcome to the forums.  There are a multitude of reasons why BT Wholesale systems reject orders, so are down to incorrect input from ISPs, many (the majority) are not, but are a facet of the way BT Wholesale run their systems.

@Gandalf - is there any light you can shine on this case please?  Its the second 501 error I have seen reported around here today.  Is this a new KCI output from BTw which is leaking out to end users?  BTw order cancellations ought not to be "leaking" out to your end customers.  Given the repeated nature of this (twice here and another report around here) it rather looks like this failure condition is not flagging up in the failed order review report.

For the benefit of the community, can you please provide some insight into this error condition and the cause?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Welcome to the community forums @Aylayet

Sorry to see things aren't going to plan.

It looks like each time we're placing a simultaneous order, the broadband part is failing within the wholesale systems which results in the phone order failing and you receiving that error message.

Whilst not ideal, to progress your order we've had to replace them separately. Your phone service is due to go live on Friday. From there we'll place your broadband order and we'll let you know when your account will activate.

Is this a new KCI output from BTw which is leaking out to end users?  BTw order cancellations ought not to be "leaking" out to your end customers.

The automated ticket that's raised is:

We have received an update on your order we will provide detail shortly

**INTERNAL**
The following KCI message has been received from our suppliers:

Informational:9536:No matching Broadband order found for SIM2870790,Error:501:Order Rejected

The KCI message is simply an internal note. The ticket was raised to the relevant team to investigate.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Aylayet

Hi Gandalf thanks for your message. I’ve had a message today saying phoneline is up and running as from today. Can you help with what happened next? How much longer before we can use broadband and has this separate order been placed for broadband?
Thanks
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi there.

I have placed the order for your Broadband service and updated TICKET: 164659015.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team